Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Blizzard Scene

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Blizzard Scene

Default Blizzard Scene

I just finished The Dead Zone, and I have to say, the scene where Johnny and Bannerman are hunting down Dodd through the blizzard was the one of the most intense scenes i've ever read. For me, that was the most exciting part of the story, and everything after that (the Chatsworths, Stillson, etc.) didn't seems to have the same intensity to me, although they were still interesting. What do you guys think?

Default Re: Blizzard Scene

Yes, I do recall that scene being especially gripping.

The cold, wet snow, the flash on the bandstand, and ultimately finding Dodd and home (and don't forget his mom
    !)

Quote Originally Posted by jack butler505 View Post
    I just finished The Dead Zone, and I have to say, the scene where Johnny and Bannerman are hunting down Dodd through the blizzard was the one of the most intense scenes i've ever read. For me, that was the most exciting part of the story, and everything after that (the Chatsworths, Stillson, etc.) didn't seems to have the same intensity to me, although they were still interesting. What do you guys think?
    You're right, it is pretty suspenseful. Dead Zone is a very underrated film. Fine, fine acting by Walken and the rest of the cast.

...the atmosphere King created with the "slick" killer resonates most viscerally with me...very intense, which may be what gave you a sense of "let down" after the fact...

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    You're right, it is pretty suspenseful. Dead Zone is a very underrated film. Fine, fine acting by Walken and the rest of the cast.
    I actually haven't seen the movie yet, I meant when I was reading the book, that scene was the best part of the story for me.

It's not the first time we've seen a overweight, over-protective Mom in a Stephen King story (Eddie's mom from It)

Quote Originally Posted by jack butler505 View Post
    It's not the first time we've seen a overweight, over-protective Mom in a Stephen King story (Eddie's mom from It)
    I haven't read "It" yet but I did just finish re-reading The Dead Zone. Any sicko who would put a clothespin on her son's penis is pretty disgusting. Is that even feasible? I can imagine the pain but if he really wore it for two hours it would cut off the circulation. Yuk

Another sicko mother turns up in Full Dark, No Stars.
    You have been warned. .

Quote Originally Posted by rudiroo View Post
    Another sicko mother turns up in Full Dark, No Stars.
    You have been warned. .
    FDNS has Bad Driver (I know it was discussed here in another thread). I will have to go see if I have a copy cuz I know it is a collections of stories but can't remember By the way - thanks for the warning!~