This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

Default Accomplishment you're most proud of...

What accomplishment are you the most proud of? Maybe you won a special award. Maybe you have a great relationship with someone. Maybe you can do something better than anyone else. Maybe you ran a marathon. Or maybe it's something like holding down a thankless job for years. Let's hear it!

Personally, I'd say raising my proudest accomplishment is raising my two beautiful, intelligent, healthy, sweet, and fun daughters! This accomplishment is technically not done yet...they're still only 5 and 7 years old.

Default Re: Accomplishment you're most proud of...

Having worked with the homeless as a street-level worker and as a supervisor. Volunteering time to cook in the soup kitchens.

Quess what? I just came home from work. After having bloody cancer surgery for the past four years, I finally had a clean bill before CHristmas. I am not doing the salad and pastry buffets from TravelLodge here in Edmonton.............yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I am back in da saddle again.

My marriage. Married and pregnant at 17 with no support from parents, we have made it 40 years! It's been a scary, wonderful, boring, hilarious and always changing relationship.

Staying married through the rough times. It would have been very easy to leave. I am incredibly gratified that I didn't.

ALMOST finishing my research book. So, so close.

Re-building relationships with my family.

Getting my MBA.

Quote Originally Posted by gniknehpets View Post
    My marriage. Married and pregnant at 17 with no support from parents, we have made it 40 years! It's been a scary, wonderful, boring, hilarious and always changing relationship.
    That is seriously amazing. Marriage (and any other committed partnership) is so hard and yet so rewarding!

The accomplishment I'm most proud of? I've never had a hangover, never had an angry phone call from some woman telling me that I'm her baby's daddy (thank God), and my high school Honors Day award of Academic Excellence in a Foreign Language. It's the only award I got in high school (besides my diploma, I suppose) so I'm proud of it.

This is a hard one for me, as I've not done anything really noteworthy. My failures tend to come in all sizes, but my victories have been incremental. If I had to pick one thing, it would be my marriage of 13 years, specifically the extent to which I've been able to learn to need another person. I hope that makes sense; I'm not sure I can explain it better.

I think my biggest accomplishment so far would be graduating from University with diploma with honors. It was an extremely hard way for me, but at the same time, there I spent three best years of my life, because I was surrounded by very special people, and I could see some people I really love every day, now I miss all of them terribly. But still so far I count this as my biggest accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    Having worked with the homeless as a street-level worker and as a supervisor. Volunteering time to cook in the soup kitchens.

Quess what? I just came home from work. After having bloody cancer surgery for the past four years, I finally had a clean bill before CHristmas. I am not doing the salad and pastry buffets from TravelLodge here in Edmonton.............yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I am back in da saddle again.
    GOD BLESS YA GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...yippeeee, yahoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...my family...then my long career in broadcasting, followed by getting my nursing degree in my 40's....and that I can shove 4 giant chocolate chip cookies in me mouth at once...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast