Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
School Shooting in Texas

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: School Shooting in Texas

Default Re: School Shooting in Texas

Here we go again!! When is this going to stop???

I have a friend who teaches there, but he stayed home today to write. I was at the campus last fall as a guest of his class.

Prayers for those who were injured. Last report, one of the shooters is still on the loose.

This sounds like more of a personal vendetta between two people than a systematic shooting. Not that it's any less tragic to those caught in the crossfire.

...and we swirl that much closer to the drain....

Read about this in our local newspaper this morning. So sad once again.
    Say prayers.

Apparently the guy with the gun (only one gun) accidentally shot himself in the process, as well as injuring an innocent bystander. If this had happened three blocks away on a street corner, it wouldn't have been national news.

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Apparently the guy with the gun (only one gun) accidentally shot himself in the process, as well as injuring an innocent bystander. If this had happened three blocks away on a street corner, it wouldn't have been national news.
    So ... one guy shot the guy he was arguing with, an innocent bystander, and himself? Way to cover your bases.

I'm sure every student on that campus was just terrified, as were their families. I'm glad it wasn't another mass school massacre ... but really, this is, except for the setting, a typical example of how most people in the US get shot (outside of suicide): by someone they know. Maybe more cases like this should make the news.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Just another non believer of any kind of gun control what-so-ever, apparently.

I know a guy what shot his self, shot his dumb azzzz four and a half times. and mind you with only one single bullet, well actually, shot his azzzz only twice...oh please, allow me to explain...
    See Jimmy "The Fence", justa neighborhood small time fence what thought he was a bona fide master criminal criminal master mind, he was gonna show a potential customer a sweet little semi-automatic .32 caliper Saturday Night Special in the bathroom of our local roller rink, had it in his back pocket, it had no safety (did I mention twas a Saturday Night Special, d'oh!), he pulled it out, evidently, by the trigger, hilarity, it soon ensued.
    Bullet went clean through his butt cheek, that's two brand spankin' new holes right there, then two more tunneling it's way through Jimmy's heel, before it bounced with just enough juice left in it to plant itself right smartly like into the bottom of his foot...well, that foot thing was more kinda like half shootin' yourself, right?
    I've got a lotta 'gun control' stories, butt Three Butt Hole Jimmy's (our cute little pet name for him after his foray into roller rink gun dealin', and ya just know how much he musta loved that), his is still my all time favorite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast