Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Maybe-error re tens unit? (spoiler if you haven't read it)

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Maybe-error re tens unit? (spoiler if you haven't read it)

Default Maybe-error re tens unit? (spoiler if you haven't read it)

I'm not 100% sure about this because I've never used a tens unit that used velcro to attach the electrodes, only the sticky kind. But those, if you don't get them "tight enough (complete contact with the skin), or if they loosen because the sticky stuff doesn't stick, they will cause electrical burns from, I think, arcs of electricity. So I *think* the reference to them in the beginning of the comic and short story

where Kat thinks to herself that having them loose will just cause a buzzing sensation that is not helpful but not harmful
    might be factually incorrect--or I suppose we could chalk it up to literary license. I'd ask my own personal nurse/burn victim (lol ... I try to be a nice wife but don't always succeed), but he's asleep currently.

Anyone got any input on this? GNTLGNT? Ally? Aggie?

Default Re: Maybe-error re tens unit? (spoiler if you haven't read it)

Quote Originally Posted by Todash View Post
    I'm not 100% sure about this because I've never used a tens unit that used velcro to attach the electrodes, only the sticky kind. But those, if you don't get them "tight enough (complete contact with the skin), or if they loosen because the sticky stuff doesn't stick, they will cause electrical burns from, I think, arcs of electricity. So I *think* the reference to them in the beginning of the comic and short story

where Kat thinks to herself that having them loose will just cause a buzzing sensation that is not helpful but not harmful
    might be factually incorrect--or I suppose we could chalk it up to literary license. I'd ask my own personal nurse/burn victim (lol ... I try to be a nice wife but don't always succeed), but he's asleep currently.

Anyone got any input on this? GNTLGNT? Ally? Aggie?
    ...my experience has been exclusively with the "sticky pad" versions...and yep, placement is important-plus, the home units have more trouble I feel, with adhesion-then the the "professional" models...so as to accuracy in the comic-not sure...

Default Re: Maybe-error re tens unit? (spoiler if you haven't read it)

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...my experience has been exclusively with the "sticky pad" versions...and yep, placement is important-plus, the home units have more trouble I feel, with adhesion-then the the "professional" models...so as to accuracy in the comic-not sure...
    Yeah, the pads they come with are pretty lame. We bought nicer pads, plus a spray to help with conduction.