This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleepless

Default Sleepless

So, here I am, going on 72+ hours now not being able to sleep. But I now know that what all those college boy scientists and sleep experts say about lack of sleep having adverse affects on the mind is nothing but a bunch of hogwash. I feel great. Just as long as I remember to dump the boiler everything will be fine. It creeps.

Default Re: Sleepless

I could imagine them considering the symptoms sounding like the manic phase of bipolar disorder.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Tim D. View Post
    So, here I am, going on 72+ hours now not being able to sleep. But I now know that what all those college boy scientists and sleep experts say about lack of sleep having adverse affects on the mind is nothing but a bunch of hogwash. I feel great. Just as long as I remember to dump the boiler everything will be fine. It creeps.
    Hmm, now mind I'm no expert, but me, I'm thinkin' boilers, whether they need to be dumped or not I'd reckon, but then what do I really know, um, I'm thinkin' they ain't supposed to do no creepin'...oh yeah babes you'll be just fi..zzzzzzzz

Hmmm... You might be right. 72 hours of straight sleep seems like it would be more harmful. Besides, meth addicts around the world hate sleep too!

HERE'S JOHNNY!!!!

I'm just going to throw out that a 4 or 5 day sleepless binge caused my cousin to have her first schizophrenic episode.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    HERE'S JOHNNY!!!!

Tim, yer probably manic if you've genuinely been awake for that many hours! Are you sure you haven't dosed off for short periods and not noticed? Either way, I suggest you get a good friend to hit you over the head with something hard enough to knock you out--but not kill ya--and get some sleep already! Or just take a sedative.

Count sheep someone says it might help. Haven't tried myself but on the other hand I have no problem with insomnia.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post

Or just take a sedative.
    Yeah. I've got about half a bottle of rum that should sedate me plenty.

Sleepless in Kentucky? That sounds like it might be a good movie!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast