Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
N. Koreans Eating Their Children To Stay Alive?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: N. Koreans Eating Their Children To Stay Alive?

Default N. Koreans Eating Their Children To Stay Alive?

According to some reports.........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-children.html

Default Re: N. Koreans Eating Their Children To Stay Alive?

I have no words.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

That's pretty awful if it's true. the North Koreans are in a desperate state and have been for a long time. I have heard that even birds and other animals are hard to find because they've all been eaten.

What I don't understand about this whole situation is what it is the government of North Korea is trying to accomplish by cutting themselves off like they do. They don't have anything that any other country wants so I'm not sure what they are so paranoid about. South Korea and China along with many other nations are perfectly willing to help them if they would just try and get along with everyone else. I can't figure out what N Korea (the government) thinks it's trying to accomplish by threatening countries and lobbing missiles at them.

...and the Telegraph is a respected source. I can hardly stand reading about this, it makes me so sad. MSN also has taken reports from the Asia News Press that this is probably happening:
    http://now.msn.com/north-korea-canni...-due-to-famine

Shame on Pyongyang. Shame on them.

wow...how depressing, if true...and let's face it, i guess i wouldn't really be all that surprised that it might just be.

it really shows how bad all of our efforts have been

that is exactly the sort of thing that starts revolutions...before you get around to killing your kids and eating/selling their flesh

i'm not by any stretch an interventionist...but, if i were president, and this were proven true...i'd have to think very seriously about using the absolute best methods to identify and lay waste to every govt building in NK, especially military and police...take 'em all out

send in the drones

why would we try to understand madness ?
    it, in and of itself, does not make sense

shame, my dear friend, is no longer good enough...if all this is true

despite my other post, i'm not sure what more we can do...but clearly nothing is working...if we can aid efforts to foment revolution in other areas..why not there

surely there are nk's and sk's willing to do something about all this ??

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    That's pretty awful if it's true. the North Koreans are in a desperate state and have been for a long time. I have heard that even birds and other animals are hard to find because they've all been eaten.
    I'm thinking that the local fishing hole is pretty much a thing of the past in NK.

What I don't understand about this whole situation is what it is the government of North Korea is trying to accomplish by cutting themselves off like they do. They don't have anything that any other country wants so I'm not sure what they are so paranoid about. South Korea and China along with many other nations are perfectly willing to help them if they would just try and get along with everyone else. I can't figure out what N Korea (the government) thinks it's trying to accomplish by threatening countries and lobbing missiles at them.
    Hard to explain. Those in charge in NK certainly don't think their own people are the country's most valuable resource.

Isolationism is typical of totalitarian regimes. This is analagous to households run by abusive parents--they don't let in outside influences so they can maintain total control of the child, convinced that outside influences are bad, much to the detriment of the children.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

North Korea has in a relative few generations turned into arguably the worlds largest cult, at least that's what now I'm thinkin'.
    How great Hawkeye & pals got their ceasefire...ya know somethin', most, if not all, of the fellas I've known who served & fought in Korea are now dead from old age, and I have to wonder how many citizens are even aware we're still officially 'in conflict' (or remember that we even were), and we're just operating under that going on six decade long cease fire.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    I can't figure out what N Korea (the government) thinks it's trying to accomplish by threatening countries and lobbing missiles at them.
    While it's possible that cannabalism is occuring in North Korea, it's not very probable. Navi Pillay, the head of the United Nation's Human Rights Commission, however, is calling for an in-depth investigation of human rights abuses that are occuring in North Korea's network of detention facilites.

According to Pillay, at least 200,000 people have been subjected to rape, torture, summary execution and slave labour; all these abuses are considered crimes against humanity, she said, and Kin Jung-Un's government has been complicit in their occurrence. North Korea, predictably, has denied these claims.

As for the "lobbing [of North Korean] missles," I think (currently) the West has more reason to be alarmed about Iran's latest accomplishment: putting a monkey into orbit. Seriously. Why? Well, in addition to the aim of developing a "fat boy" type of nuclear bomb (it's the reason Iran has been building all those gas diffusers; Israel ought to forget about the plutonium-producing power plants, in my opinion, and start looking at the refineries), it's not too much more of a step in developing a cost-effective Project Thor-type orbiting platform: kenetic bombarment systems are probably the cheapest buck possible when it comes to getting the biggest and most accurate bang.

(Also, it's darn tough for a missile interceptor (a gloriously expensive program that the Defense Industry absolutely loves!) to shoot down a short-trajectory giant crowbar, though they're of some vaguely strategic value, I suppose, in intercepting, and thus detering, the random incontinental ballistic missile that's (possibly) been tipped with a front-heavy nuclear bomb and which will take a few minutes for a rogue nation (like Canada - I wouldn't them darn Canucks!) to lob in the direction of the good old U.S. of A.)

Of course all this is just my opinion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast