This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Sleep available now!

Default Doctor Sleep available now!

Just ordered mine on the Cemetery Dance web site..Can't wait to get it!
    Good luck all.

Default Re: Doctor Sleep available now!

*typed as James Earl Jones*

..."publish it, and they will come"...

I love the art work!

Do we know who is reading the audio version? I couldn't find the reader/audio artist on Amazon, Audible or Simon & Schuster's sites.

A reader hasn't been chosen yet as they're just into the selection process. It's only very recently that the final edits have been done.

Thanks Ms. Mod! I would love to hear John Slattery do it. (He did a great job with Duma Key.) Just not Raul Esparza. Maybe David Aaron Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    A reader hasn't been chosen yet as they're just into the selection process. It's only very recently that the final edits have been done.
    ...Well, I just happen to know a guy that has 34 years in broadcasting...

I guess there is no perfect way to do this but I see the limited and lettered editions were sold out before 99.9% of us were even aware they were available. I got an email notification from SK.com hours after they were sold out. I don't begrudge CD from doing it this way since they care less who buys them, but the big time collectors are the ones most likely to be in the know when there is less than an hour to order. And I'm sure we wil see plenty on ebay this afternoon at triple the price.

We can't give out information sooner than the publisher asks or even who the publisher is in most cases, but there have been a few that have consistently put out Stephen King limited editions in the past, and getting on their mailing lists is at least one way to improve your odds as they sometimes let those people know ahead of a more public announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I guess there is no perfect way to do this but I see the limited and lettered editions were sold out before 99.9% of us were even aware they were available. I got an email notification from SK.com hours after they were sold out. I don't begrudge CD from doing it this way since they care less who buys them, but the big time collectors are the ones most likely to be in the know when there is less than an hour to order. And I'm sure we wil see plenty on ebay this afternoon at triple the price.
    Cemetery Dance put out an email newsletter reminding folks of a last change on a special offer/ at the top was this notice:

SPECIAL COLLECTORS ALERT: If you're a big fan of Stephen King, you might want to swing by our website around 10 AM eastern time on Monday...

I rec'd this via email Saturday at noon eastern time. It pays to sign up for newsletters if you are a collector. Unfortunately, it's beyond my reach, and I do hope they do not show up on ebay for profit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast