This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Just Picked This Up!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    OP, Kansas
    Posts
    34

    Default Just Picked This Up!

    I got a copy of Pet Sematary at half-priced books for only 4 bucks! Talk about a steal (it's the paperback)!

    I've read a lot of posts and reviews from other King fans saying this is his best in the horror genre. What do you all think?

    Oh and thank you for the welcomes everyone! I feel so at home in this cyber-community.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    10,280

    Default Re: Just Picked This Up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Berry1980 View Post
    I got a copy of Pet Sematary at half-priced books for only 4 bucks! Talk about a steal (it's the paperback)!

    I've read a lot of posts and reviews from other King fans saying this is his best in the horror genre. What do you all think?

    Oh and thank you for the welcomes everyone! I feel so at home in this cyber-community.
    Pet Sematary seems to be one of sK's more controversial novels. I loved knowing this going in. I look forward to going back in.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under The Keg
    Posts
    3,175

    Default Re: Just Picked This Up!

    "Sometimes dead is better..............."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: Just Picked This Up!

    It's not my absolute favorite SK novel, but it is quite good. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: Just Picked This Up!

    ...I feel it's his darkest novel, and makes for a queasy-yet satisfying read.....kinda like a few hundred page hangover...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    4,137

    Default Re: Just Picked This Up!

    And, please go from there... darling.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,030

    Default Re: Just Picked This Up!

    Pet Sematary is my favorite.......it's dark, scary, and will leave you with chills for days after you've finished reading. Enjoy! ♥

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    OP, Kansas
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: Just Picked This Up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    Pet Sematary is my favorite.......it's dark, scary, and will leave you with chills for days after you've finished reading. Enjoy! ♥
    Thank you Sundrop!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: Just Picked This Up!

    It has been moved higher up on my re-read list. Why do I have to work and not stay at home reading all day???

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    OP, Kansas
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: Just Picked This Up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kati33 View Post
    It has been moved higher up on my re-read list. Why do I have to work and not stay at home reading all day???
    Hello fellow Kansan! What a bummer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •