This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Author Recommendations?

Lightbulb Author Recommendations?

Hi All!

I thought since we all have a shared love for the works of Stephen King, you guys would be the very best to ask this question of. Who are some of your other favorite authors? I love to read and I'm always looking for new titles / authors.

On a side note, my favorite SK books are (in no particular order) IT, The Wastelands, Insomnia, Just After Sunset, Duma Key, Black House & The Talisman, The Wind Through The Keyhole (ah hell all the DT books I give up) and 11/22/63. Really the only one I didn't care for was Lisey's Story.

I also enjoyed the Harry Potter series, The Wheel of Time series, The Inheritance "trilogy" (Eragon - yeah I know but I liked them!) Wicked, Catcher in the Rye, To Kill a Mockingbird etc.

So..what do you guys think?
    Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Author Recommendations?

I've moved your post over to this Forum as you may have missed it or not understood what it was about. I'm sure people will share some of their thoughts here, too, but you might try going back through some of the older posts in this Forum for some additional suggestions.

....Koontz....

Freemansburg PA, sort of near Philadelphia

I love George R.R. Martin, T.H. White and Bernard Cornwell to fulfill my fantasy hankerings (although Cornwell is more historical fiction), and Tolkien, of course, if you haven't already read his works. John Irving is my go to when I want to read something more contemporary. He wrote Cider House Rules which is very good, but The World According to Garp is much better, IMHO.

Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, George RR Martin. Just to name a few.

Thanks Ms. Mod! I just didn't see it I have read some Koontz...I got a little tired of his style after a while, but Phantoms will always be my favorite. Maybe I'll have a look at some I missed.

Tolkien I love!! I have been wondering about George R.R. Martin...I think I'll have me a look I will do some research on the others too thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by weezergirl View Post
    Thanks Ms. Mod! I just didn't see it I have read some Koontz...I got a little tired of his style after a while, but Phantoms will always be my favorite. Maybe I'll have a look at some I missed.

Tolkien I love!! I have been wondering about George R.R. Martin...I think I'll have me a look I will do some research on the others too thanks!
    ...Yes'm, Dean's style can be a bit treacly, but try on the Odd Thomas series for size....

Quote Originally Posted by weezergirl View Post
    I have read some Koontz...I got a little tired of his style after a while
    I feel the same about Scott

Robert R. McCammon
    Bentley Little
    Clive Barker
    Peter Straub
    Ramsey Campbell
    Joe R. Lansdale