Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Stephen King Mafia Commercials?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Mafia Commercials?

Default Stephen King Mafia Commercials?

As a guy raised in Canada with German roots that are now Deutsch Mmatured I often wonder about King's fondness of including German accents in stories with VW and Porsche cars, German names, use of German expressions like doppelgänger, the name Stephen spelled old European as opposed to Steven American and the Bachmann thing, etc. I wonder because I find no connection here to back it up and more. Please explain or comment.

Default Re: Stephen King Mafia Commercials?

I think it has more to do with your noticing it because of your connection to things German. He just as frequently uses French and Spanish expressions, etc. but those probably aren't being picked up on your radar the way the German ones are.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but could you explain the title of your thread? It has absolutely nothing that I can see to do with what you're asking.

I thought his stories leaned toward the Hawaiian culture, as statements like "sounds Hawaiian don't it?" highlights. So far as the Mafia commercials go, you lost me. I don't think the Mafia is allowed to advertise. What would they sell even if they were? Cement overcoats? Bags of vipers? As fun as that might sound I still don't think there's enough tea in Germany to get him to do commercials for them.

Yeah! What Ms. Mod said...are you seeing something we are not?

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    I think it has more to do with your noticing it because of your connection to things German. He just as frequently uses French and Spanish expressions, etc. but those probably aren't being picked up on your radar the way the German ones are.
    I've noticed he uses a whole lotta Englishy thangs too, all freakin' kinds of it, so what's up with that huh, huh huh?...and don't give me none of that 'Well you speaky da English so...', malarkey neither, I mean jeezy lou-eezy, you know me well 'nuff by now to know I barely sprechen that stuff.

I like cheese as well

Well, I'll try in German to get the point across, and translate later:

Ayko, spinnst du, oder?? Ich siehe u. verstehe nicht die Beziehung zwischen der Titel und was du fragtest. Die verschiedene Akzenten in SKs Bücher sind nicht nur deutsch...und die sogenannte "SK Mafia commercials"? - Gibt's keine. Zeig mir bitte wo du so eine Reklame oder Anzeige gesehen hast.

Translation: Are you nuts? I neither see nor understand the correlation between the title [of this thread] and what you asked. The different accents in SK's books aren't only German...and the so-called "SK Mafia commercials"? -There aren't any. Show me please where you've seen such an advertisement.

...now c'mon!...does that, or does that not scream "Mafia Goon"???....or maybe, he was just going through his Richard Belzer phase.....

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post

...now c'mon!...does that, or does that not scream "Mafia Goon"???....or maybe, he was just going through his Richard Belzer phase.....
    My gosh, they could be brothers!! Is that pix from when he played The Cleaner in Sons of Anarchy?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast