Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
I'm So Hungry I Could Eat A Horse

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm So Hungry I Could Eat A Horse

Default I'm So Hungry I Could Eat A Horse

Default Re: I'm So Hungry I Could Eat A Horse

It's all insane! I am definitely going back to only buying British. At first I wasn't too bothered whether I've eaten horse meat--or donkey--but if there's possible health implications due to the meat not being regulated properly then that does bother me. A lot! Most of the products so far seem to have been ready made value meals which I don't eat, and burgers, so I'm probably okay. Probably.

Yuck!! It would really bother me to have eaten/horse/donkey etc and not know it. My sympathies to all of the people affected by this. ( may there be no health repercussions)

TBH it doesn't bother me eating horse meat. What I think irks people is being sold stuff that is "100%" Beef, when quite clearly it isn't. However, I think we only have ourselves to blame. We demand cheaper and cheaper food. We want to pay less and less for it. What do we REALLY think we're eating when consuming a cheap basic line lasagne from Tesco? It sure aint going to be quality meat now is it. Personally I hope this gets bigger and bigger, and the supermarkets in the UK get caught out, the way they treat British farmers is absolutely disgusting. As soon as we realise we can't eat meat meals for 99p, and recognise that buying quality meat from the butchers is much better/economical in the long run the better as far as I'm concerned. From a free range corn fed chicken that might cost me 9 quid, I can get a roast dinner out of it for 3, a chicken pie for 3 PLUS some sandwhiches for lunchboxes. From a 3 quid chicken from tesco so much of it is water and pumped full of god knows what it barely feeds 3 of us with a Sunday Roast. Wise up people, boycott the Supermarkets and go back to shopping locally on the highstreet with meat that can be traced from farm to plate. Sorry for the rant but it really annoys me!!!

Horsemeat's yum. They should bring back the slaughterhouses.

I become queasy at the thought of slaughtering horses for consumption. I'm not PETA - it's an organization whose means of getting their message across rival those of right-to-lifers - but I simply can't think of horses as food. Not in my repertoire.

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    From the article..........
    PARIS (Reuters) - In a dingy Parisian back street, diners at a one-of-a-kind bistro tuck lustily into breaded horse brain, pan fried heart of horse and broiled cheek, along with prime rump steaks the chef cuts from the bone himself.

NEIGH!!!

As Ally pointed out above the health implications over the various drugs floating around in the meat is a major concern. As mustangclaire said being lied to about what your eating would certainly tick me off as well.

I don't think it would bother me, I think it all comes down to about being honest about whats in your food. If you buy something that is meant to be 100% beef then that is what it should be. We should be able to pick and choose whether we want to eat horse or not. Obviously there can't be much taste difference because I have not heard of anyone saying that their ready meals/burgers tasted a bit odd. But in the end it all comes down to cost, horse is apparently cheaper than beef and as someone said before we all want cheaper and cheaper food not really caring how we get it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast