Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Just a bit of a 'rant' re cellphone providers (?)

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a bit of a 'rant' re cellphone providers (?)

Default Just a bit of a 'rant' re cellphone providers (?)

Has anyone here had the infamous three year contract - oh wait - what a silly question - of course we have (many people at least). My husband, son and I went to our local phone company - MTS and on February 1st went for the Samsung Galaxy S3 - oooooooh and maybe even ahhhh! Well that is what we thought at first. I couldn't even figure out how to use the thing but that is not what this 'rant' is about. Andy got up to Baker Lake Nunavut (in the middle of nowhere) and discovered that because it is a Smart Phone (ha!) and on the 4G network it does not work. He is supposed to mail it back home to Manitoba and they will exchange it for an older model Blackberry on the old network. Fine - we can do this. Now I found out after going there tonight that their policy is you must return the phone within 14 days! Do you know how long it takes to get mail in and out of there? Everything is flown in because they are so isolated. Google Baker Lake and it comes up as a little dot with nothing around it. It is technically the center of Canada (so their sign says). I think I will have to speak to their manager (MTS that is, not Baker Lake ). He or she was unavailable tonight because they are opening up two more stores hmmmmm. I got verbal confirmation from the assistant mgr on February 4th that we could exchange it but now his wife has had a baby and he is off until the end of the month. Okay - enough already. I feel a bit better now that I have vented! Thanks for listening (or reading if you got all the way to the end!) Go ahead - post some gems about your cell phone provider. They say misery loves company

Default Re: Just a bit of a 'rant' re cellphone providers (?)

...this is what they gave me as a "camera-phone"...need I say more???...

What is he doing up in Baker Lake Neesy? Most of my family members are all up in camp in Ft. McMurray. Good money, but things just do not get done when there is little time off.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...this is what they gave me as a "camera-phone"...need I say more???...

What more do you need?

The only big issues I've had with providers is the spotty service. I can go a mile from down town and lose all signal, and not get it back until I'm in the next town. Other parts of town aren't bad, and I even get a few bars at home. Actually I'm usually the only one who gets decent signal in this house, no matter which phone I've had.

I've only had two year contracts, not sure if I'd go for a three year.

After reading Cell a few years back, I'm always cautious when using my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    What is he doing up in Baker Lake Neesy? Most of my family members are all up in camp in Ft. McMurray. Good money, but things just do not get done when there is little time off.
    He is a chef and is working at a place called Nunamiut Lodge. He is up there until the beginning of July and then comes home for one month

"I can go a mile from down town and lose all signal" - Nate - "Can you hear me now?" p.s. I am starting to get used to this new phone and I kinda like it! I think I am just a slow learner or possibly 'technologically challenged'

That seems to be the only way to make any good money working as a chef...in the camps and out of the way places. The pay really sucks here in Edmonton. I did not know this when I signed up in Culinary Arts.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

My biggest problem is trying to get my cell phone to fit in my pocket

Attachment 16788

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    My biggest problem is trying to get my cell phone to fit in my pocket

Attachment 16788
    Maybe Roland will let you borrow one of his purses.

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    That seems to be the only way to make any good money working as a chef...in the camps and out of the way places. The pay really sucks here in Edmonton. I did not know this when I signed up in Culinary Arts.
    Culinary arts? Sounds pretty good to me! Of course I am hungry right now so I could eat anything! It's cupcake day at work to support charity. The money goes to the Health Sciences Centre Foundation. So of course I felt it was my duty to buy some (but TWO dozen?) I'll share some with others (like my 80 year old neighbour) so they won't go to waste (or should I say 'waist') ha ha
    The cupcakes look pretty good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast