This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So does Stephen King believe the lone guman theory?

Default So does Stephen King believe the lone guman theory?

So we learn from 11/22/63, at least in the fictional world of 11/22/63, that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone.... the lone gunman. I am wondering if Stephen King possibly believes the lone gunman theory, or he just made Oswald the lone gunman for the sake of the novel. I mean, it would be easier for Jake to take out Oswald, than to uncover and stop a conspiracy to kill JKF. And even if the JFK murder was a conspriacy, no one really, really knows what happened, and probably never will.

Default Re: So does Stephen King believe the lone guman theory?

He wrote in the Afterword to 11/22/63 that he believes Oswald acted alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    ...awww jeez Marsha, as if we didn't have enough wingnuts pokin' around in our cupboards right now.....ya gotta go and poke em with a stick...

Just realized that yesterday after I finished the book! haha

I have to give King a lot of credit for this. First, because he is correct. Second, because he could have taken the easy way out and simply have said he is writing a work of fiction and doesn't really have an opinion on what happened. Or worse that he bought into some kooky conspiracy scenario. That would have been a cop out, though, given the overwhelming evidence of Oswald's guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardX View Post
    I have to give King a lot of credit for this. First, because he is correct. Second, because he could have taken the easy way out and simply have said he is writing a work of fiction and doesn't really have an opinion on what happened. Or worse that he bought into some kooky conspiracy scenario. That would have been a cop out, though, given the overwhelming evidence of Oswald's guilt.

I am not convinced Oswald acted alone. I am also not convinced that there was an elaborate conspiracy either. I've read the work of the conspiracy theorists. I've also read "Case Closed", by Gerald Possner, which states that Oswald indeed acted alone. The only conclusion that I can draw after researching both sides of the argument is that I still can't say 100% either way. I doubt anyone ever will.

But I do respect that King wrote his own belief into the novel instead of using it as a cop out. My dad and uncle are King's age, and they both are of the mind that Oswald acted alone. Many who were children when JFK was killed do believe that Oswald acted alone, Ive come to know in my life.

One thing though that is odd was Oswald's real life relationship with George Demorenschildt (sp). Why would a wealthy Russian expat with alleged CIA ties be chumming around with a low life loser like Oswald? Sure, some low lifes are amusing to me, but I dont make it a point to befriend them, take photos with them in their yard, and invite them to parties. Oh well.

Tabby does believe that Oswald did not act alone, though.

way back in the day, i used to read as much of that stuff as i could get my hands on...and i came away only knowing we most likely will never know in our lifetimes

i tend to believe that he acted alone that day..

but as to whether there might have been forces that aligned to help...encourage or push...who knows: it certainly is not beyond an easy believability

but now, as then, the easy (and relatively free from oversight) relationship we have with guns....not to mention the unfortunate nonchalance of too, too many in the police field (many of whom, due to inaccurate thinking, will not think twice about an 'merican walking about with ready firepower) makes this sort of thing far more imaginable to any who do not live with their heads in the clouds

quite frankly...the only thing that constantly surprises me is that it doesn't happened far more often

I like to watch documentaries when I'm really board, and a few months ago came across Dark Legacy on Netflix which makes an arguement of a plot involving the Bush family. More than politics, it had to do with family fortunes, greed, etc.. Definitely outside the box, but who knows?

I finally came across the video of the Dallas event. A lot of interesting discussion of King's theory of the case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OS1I...=TLqfkuuD5du4E

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast