This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arpaio's School Posse

Question Arpaio's School Posse

From Salon:

Responding to calls from the National Rifle Association to arm teachers and school officials, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio vowed to deploy his gun-toting volunteers to monitor Arizona schools. Members of the 3,450-strong group began patrolling in January, and the sheriff’s office announced recently that the program will continue into next year.

Who makes up this posse?

Well, there's Jacob Cutler, who was in Flagstaff when he...

...threw his girlfriend to the ground and choked her while trying to sexually assault her in 2008. When she didn’t cooperate, he allegedly threatened to call police and said they would side with him, because he ‘has a badge.’

Oh, and there's also Dominic Boulter, who...

...began using an online service called Phonezoo.com in early 2005 to meet young girls between 13 and 17 years old. Boulter ultimately exchanged nude photos and text messages with at least eight underage girls from around the country. Boulter also suggested that he meet the girls in person to engage in sex acts and to get married, according to court documents.

Back to the article:
    And what if the Phoenix-area community doesn’t want child-sex offenders and violent abusers hanging around their kids’ schools?

“It doesn’t matter whether they like it or don’t,” [Arpaio] told ABC News. “I’m still going to do it. I can’t imagine criticism coming when they’re given free protection.”
    Protection?

Default Re: Arpaio's School Posse

...yeah, Joe may have gone a weensy bit over the rainbow on this one...

Saw this on The Colbert Report although he was focusing on the angle about Steven Seagal being hired to do the training for the volunteers.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...na-s-gun-posse

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Saw this on The Colbert Report although he was also focusing on the angle about Steven Seagal being hired to do the training for the volunteers.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...na-s-gun-posse

Ha! "It takes real dedication to protect a school that you're not allowed within 500 feet of."

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Ohhhhh my word I just know ol' Nutso Joe & I could have sucha good time, why he almost makes me want to move to Arizona...well, 'cause I'm thinkin' he ain't never met the likes of a dedicated humble civil disobiediant quite like me, um, I mean I really like a dry heat.

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    Ohhhhh my word I just know ol' Nutso Joe & I could have sucha good time, why he almost makes me want to move to Arizona...well, 'cause I'm thinkin' he ain't never met the likes of a dedicated humble civil disobiediant quite like me, um, I mean I really like a dry heat.
    He's one of the reasons I'm wondering if I should reconsider my decision to spend winters there!

He's one of the reasons I'm wondering if I should reconsider my decision to spend winters there!
    Awww, Ms. Mod, I'm sure you look good in pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    Awww, Ms. Mod, I'm sure you look good in pink.
    As a matter of fact I do, but let's hope it's not in one of Sheriff Arpaio's couture wear.

Don't know if Arpaio is the same sheriff who implemented the use of Maricopa county chain gangs to clean up highways in Arizona, but he sounds like a real sweetheart. I've always thought that trash and brush removal from the Arizona freeway system was cruel and unusual punishment in the hot months, which is......much of the time in Arizona.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Uh huh...yeah I know, just occurred ya might could get a yuletide plea for makin' bail one not so very silent night, maybe?

(hey now, on a positive note, I make almost all of my "appointments" with jurisprudence..well come on & get real, fish could be bitin')

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast