Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Stephen King-isms You Use On A Regular Basis

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King-isms You Use On A Regular Basis

Default Stephen King-isms You Use On A Regular Basis

So, does anyone have any particular lines from Stephen King books or movies that they use regularly?

One of my favorites is when I want something a friend/family member isn't going to eat. I use the Brooks Hatlen [from the Shawshank movie]inflection and say, "Are you going..to eat that?" from when he wanted Andy's leftovers for his bird, Jake.

I also regularly use "happy crappy," "mayhap I will and mayhap I wont."

So many used over the years, too many to count.

One I have yet to justify the usage of, but which I dearly want to use: "Sounds Hawaiian, doesn't it?"

LongTallSally Guest

Default Re: Stephen King-isms You Use On A Regular Basis

SSDD

I used to say 'F*** me, Freddie' a lot until I ended up with a doctor with the same first name. I went cold turkey off FMF because I didn't want to make a slip-up in the office... EVER.

SSDD- all the time.

SSDD

Okay... I don't use it regularly, but it fits. (Does that even count as a SKism?)

....Oy!...

I use a lot of SKisms. So many in fact, half of the time I don't even realize I'm doing it. Sometimes I wonder, after getting funny looks if I should even bother to talk to people who don't read Stephen King.
    I particularly like "Yer Bugger" as a stand-in for a cuss. I use the word "trig" and often call people "pert" and suggest that they "strap one on when appropriate". "SSDD" is a good one, there are just so many. I am a vernacular sponge and can't help but to absorb local sayings, accents and literary references from books I read, sometimes I don't even know where the stuff I say comes from.
    Let me wrap this up by saying you can use, "Sounds Hawaiian, doesn't it?" when someone says something that you don't understand, or it just sounds weird. I do and it seems to get the point across. Either that or you can wait until you hear someone playing a saw.
    (Not to imply that Hawaiians say weird things that don't make sense, no Hawaiians were harmed in the making of that statement. I am one full quarter Hawaiian so I have the authority to say so.... Sound's Hawaiian don't it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    Let me wrap this up by saying you can use, "Sounds Hawaiian, doesn't it?" when someone says something that you don't understand, or it just sounds weird. I do and it seems to get the point across. Either that or you can wait until you hear someone playing a saw.
    (Not to imply that Hawaiians say weird things that don't make sense, no Hawaiians were harmed in the making of that statement. I am one full quarter Hawaiian so I have the authority to say so.... Sound's Hawaiian don't it?)

Yeah...been up all night so everything splits my side...or chaps my hide!
    Guess I better get busy using that SKism cuz I orn't gonna live forever and I know of no one who plays a saw in my neck of the woods.

In other news: repple-depple.
    That is all.

"Dickering" is probably my favorite. I use it without even thinking about it.

"Jesus Christ bananas". It cracks me up because I can hear Jason Lee saying it in my head - and he has some really great vocal inflections when he's indignant or freaked out.

No bounce no play.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast