This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Poll: The board is working ________________

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Board Werx

Default Board Werx

Hopefully, things on this message board are working better than they have in years. Of course, only time will tell, but we'd appreciate any feedback.

Last edited by Jordan; February 20th, 2013 at 11:34 PM.

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes

Default Re: Board Werx

Thank you to all who have made, and are making the SKMB better. I think it runs much faster. The pages now turn faster than I can brew the tea.
    Lots of new toys in the sandbox too. Still the best playground in cyber space. Love the smilies-- oh the things we can do now. And Ms Mod has her slap the head smilie too. Fantastic job. Exactly how many cans of gremlin bug spray did you use?

I like it; it's cleaner.

None of my posts from today showed up, either in the Forum's listings or the list off my profile page.

Ironically, several were thank-yous to you and Brian.

I'd have said both better and faster, but I can only choose one......Connected to the board from my tablet yesterday, and it was soooooo much better.
    Thanks, Jordan

...it's Pine-Sol fresh baby!.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    None of my posts from today showed up, either in the Forum's listings or the list off my profile page.

Ironically, several were thank-yous to you and Brian.
    Could you explain this a bit more? Were the posts posted?

Jordan

StephenKing.com Webmaster

Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems.
    Rene Descartes

I approve of the changes made to the board if only for the addition of the handle-bar mustache guy emoticon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Could you explain this a bit more? Were the posts posted?
    When I hit "Post quick reply" in the morning (I'm in CST), none were visible to me until THIS morning. Weird. And none were listed in either my profile page's View Recent Posts tab, or in the Forum New Posts tab.

It looks like all is restored, but I'm writing this at 1:30 PM my time and the posts I made this morning haven't been logged in to my Recent Posts queue yet. I have to go to the thread where I posted to see if it's there or not. No big deal - I was more concerned with showing you and Brian some (more timely) appreciation for everything youse guys have pulled off in the last two weeks. ♥

Er'body always tryin' to put songs in my head. WELL IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK THIS TIME JORDAN.

(It totally worked. I can even see the video with the two bikini girls with boxes on their heads. )

Yes, it is all those things. Harder, better, faster, stronger. I do miss seeing the new posts count, but I'll get used to it not being there. After a while it won't feel like I'm alone on the board, and it's not worth the performance hit. Hey ... would it be possible, instead of letting that be driven from the client side, do the count from your side and have it be a value of new posts in the last X minutes?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast