Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Do you twitter? Do you tweet?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you twitter? Do you tweet?

Default Do you twitter? Do you tweet?

I have only lately been paying attention to my twitter account. It's kinda cool but it appears that I am too lazy to find out how to tweet correctly and or how to practice etiquette therein. Been tweeting anyhow though LOL. I find it rather amusing, daunting and a good exercise in editing, trying to express myself in 140 characters or less.

Neil Gaiman and Joe Hill are great tweeters.... in any other context that may not be a compliment.
    Our Bev Vincent is there, (Hi Bev!) I enjoy reading his tweets too. So anyhow, what do you think about the twitter machine?

Default Re: Do you twitter? Do you tweet?

Have an account but still haven't figured out how to do it.

Me too... I'm pretty sure that I'm doing it wrong, though.

I always wondered why anybody would start an international message site and call it twitter when the definition of a twit is a foolish person. I have never twitted and do not consider myself a twit or a twitter. Tweeting I will leave to the birdies.

No offence to those who enjoy twitter but there we have it again with my opinion of choosing appropriate names which is an old but important principle in the magic arts as well as the science of perception in the subconscience.

I never got it before, despite trying a few times, but I just started up in conjunction with my blog, and ... I love it. As you say, Joe Hill and Neil Gaiman are great. I've found so much through them that I wouldn't have otherwise. It took me more than a decade, but I'm finally hip with the Twitter.

I tweet every now and then. I even have followers. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Most of whom I've known online for a while from Brian Keene's old board or other message boards.

I kind of feel weird when I see famous people (or at least people who are much more well known than I am) "following" me. It's not like they know me or anything and I don't think my tweets are all that good, but whatever. It's just Twitter, lol.

I like the fact that twitter is unidirectional -- I can follow someone and they don't have to follow me back (and vice versa). That means my feed contains only people I'm truly interested in. I can catch up in a few minutes instead of scrolling through pages of Facebook updates. I also like the fact that you have the chance to directly interact with people who are normally out of reach. This week I had a response to one of my tweets from Jeff Probst from Survivor. (No buff, though...)

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Have an account but still haven't figured out how to do it.
    Me2. I dunno about anybody else but I've become technologically challenged. I can't keep up.

I don't have a account and I don't tweet yet. Maybe someday.

I too have an account. But I too have not figured out how to use it. But I do not fb.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast