This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quote about hell and Ohio

Default Quote about hell and Ohio

I'm trying to find an old SK quote about the gate of hell being in Ohio, or outside Columbus or something. I think it comes from a motorcycle trip he took through the state. Does anyone know what it is?

Default Re: Quote about hell and Ohio

I read The Regulators in the last year, it takes place in Wentworth, Ohio. I do not remember in particular quotes but there was a character that was a writer that seemed disenchanted with Ohio and may have said something to that affect.

...I remember the quote "The road to Hell is paved with adverbs", but nothing in that relation to Ohio...the only reference I can quickly recall to my home state was in The Talisman as young Jack is "travelin'".....

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

You ever drive from Cincinnati zzzzzzzzzzz...oh sorry, um, to Cleveland ?
    It's just about the worst most boring drive there is in the entire lower 48, it's pert near kilt me every time I've driven it, well, after the first time, when even then the expectations weren't really all that high to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by PatInTheHat View Post
    You ever drive from Cincinnati zzzzzzzzzzz...oh sorry, um, to Cleveland ?
    It's just about the worst most boring drive there is in the entire lower 48, it's pert near kilt me every time I've driven it, well, after the first time, when even then the expectations weren't really all that high to begin with.
    Omigod, the drive from Bloomington, IN to Parkersburg, WV was only five hours but I thought I'd lose my mind, it was so boring. I guess that part of 70 E goes through the most generic land known to mankind.

But I was three miles from Hell on a lone stretch of I-40 in eastern Arizona, between Sanders and Chambers. It's one of those stretches where you see signs that say "NO GAS FOR 47 MILES". It wasn't the end of the Earth but I could see it from there.

Wentworth, Ohio and paved with adverbs are what I keep getting when I search google. I believe what I am seeking is from an interview, not something written, although I could be wrong.

Sounds like the drive north from Bangor to the Canadian border near Presque Isle/Fort Kent--nothing much more to see than trees and moose for six hours.

Desperation: "I’ll tell you one thing, young man: it doesn’t surprise me at all that the Land of the Dead should turn out to be located in the suburbs of Columbus, Ohio."

Quote Originally Posted by thatbrunettegirl View Post
    Wentworth, Ohio and paved with adverbs are what I keep getting when I search google. I believe what I am seeking is from an interview, not something written, although I could be wrong.
    The book tour he did on motorcycle was for the release of Insomnia in 1994. He did a signing at Little Professor book store in Worthington, OH on October 8, 1994.

It was that tour and traveling through a town in Oregon on a later trip that were the seed of the idea for Desperation and The Regulators.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast