This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I found an old and possibly rare copy of this book...

Default I found an old and possibly rare copy of this book...

So my mom had an old box of paperbacks in her attic, stored away for Lord only knows how long. I found it the other day, and began going through the books. Most of these had to have been paperbacks she read when I was a baby or before I was born. Most of them also looked like they suck, too. No offense, ma.

Anyhow, I found a copy of The Shining. The front and back cover were solid yellow. "The Shining" was printed across the top in black. Below the title was an abstract looking drawing (in black) of a kid maybe? Looked like a kid screaming. Inside the book were photos from the movie with Jack Nicholsan.

So Im wondering is this a rare find? Ive never seen this cover before anywhere. And while Im at it, is The Shining worth reading? I absolutely hate the movie, but Im not a huge fan of alot of SK movie adaptations (the book is always better, what can I say...).

Default Re: I found an old and possibly rare copy of this book...

Sounds like the movie tie-in edition so probably not that rare. Does it look like the one shown here?

Hang on to it. It becomes more valuable with time.

The Shining is definitely worth the read. Books over movies anytime. Read on!!

Ms Mod, there is an error on that page when I try to bring the link up. Hmmm....

And thanks for the heads up, I will beging reading this after I finish Under the Dome. I suppose if I want to enjoy Dr Sleep, I better read The Shining.

Quote Originally Posted by unclelouie View Post
    And while Im at it, is The Shining worth reading? I absolutely hate the movie, but Im not a huge fan of alot of SK movie adaptations (the book is always better, what can I say...).
    Yes....YES.....OMG YES!!!!!! The Shining is sooooooo worth reading! It's in my top 3 favorites. ♥

is The Shining worth reading?
    ...WHAT??????....is chocolate worth eating?, is yer butt worth scratchin'?, is Amrap spelled backward "Parma"(Ohio)?....YES, thousand frickin' times YES, it's worth reading....

Quote Originally Posted by unclelouie View Post
    Ms Mod, there is an error on that page when I try to bring the link up. Hmmm....

And thanks for the heads up, I will beging reading this after I finish Under the Dome. I suppose if I want to enjoy Dr Sleep, I better read The Shining.
    Works for me so not sure why it's not working for you.

That was the first edition of The Shining I got! I bought it from a thrift store, and it is falling apart...but it has provided me with hours of spooks and entertainment, as well as memories I wouldn't trade for anything. What a good book - I just made myself want to re-read it! (Again!)

Oooooo Shelly Duvall is in the movie!!! Must be great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast