This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MYSTERY MORNING BRUISES/SCRATCHES

Default MYSTERY MORNING BRUISES/SCRATCHES

Have you ever woken up and found strange and unexplained scratches or bruises on your body sometimes in places you could not have reached yourself? Millions have. There are internet forums where people describe the phenomenon and desperately appeal for explanations and help. Usually the scratches are mild and disappear in a day or two and never get medically reported as sufferers usually convince themselves that they are self inflicted, insect stings, allergic reactions or even something that happened during the day that they did not notice at the time. Usually the incident is forgotten as soon as the bruises vanish or the scratches fade.

The phenomenon has persisted through the centuries and in the past has been explained by demons, having-a-devil-on-your-back, goblin fury, divine punishments and even encounters with incubi or succubae. In some cases the victims report that in addition to the scratches and bruises they have other more disturbing injuries.

Any of you had such experiences? I know I often have, usually after making compliments about Angelina Jolie...

Default Re: MYSTERY MORNING BRUISES/SCRATCHES

Yup, I've had this a few times before. Just last month I woke up and my leg was extremely painful and stinging. When I lifted my pyjama bottoms I found seven long scratches leading diagonally from the left side of my knee down my leg. The skin was raised, inflamed and bleeding. My leg was sore for three days and the scratches/scabs were visible for just over two weeks. I don't have a clue what happened, especially since my nails are kept short for work reasons, so they definitely weren't self inflicted.

I'm going to ignore the creepy Angelina Jolie comments and go ahead and answer this because.....

Actually, yes, I have. I often get what I think are bites. My husband has commented that I must sleep in a nest of spiders because he's never know anyone to be as tasty to spiders as I am. But now I'm wondering.....

If I ever do wake up with a scratch I just blame my super-cuddly kitty.

Bloody succubis is running amok again.

....only when trying to seduce a wolverine...

Damn it... they've found out I'm at large again... **changing into my human skin again**

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    I'm going to ignore the creepy Angelina Jolie comments and go ahead and answer this because.....
    Not creepy, just a submessage in my message with a wink. Did not mean to offend you or anybody else.

In any case, as I knew, I am not the only one experiencing or who has experienced this phenomenon. I could venture to give a scientific explanation but it would sound too supernatural so, I will leave it among the present list of the unexplained among us humans and place it right beneath the fact that a duck's "quack" is the only sound a human can hear that does not echo.

Better check for bed bugs.............

No. I'm constantly dinged up, but that's because I bounce off things like a pinball. Last year I was walking back from the bathroom in the middle of the night, half asleep, and walked into the doorway. Had a huge goose egg for a while.

Maybe it is aliens in the middle of the night doing experiments?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast