This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: remember the Halloween story?

Red face remember the Halloween story?

Last year we had a group that was devoted to writing a Halloween story
    It was a real cool idea. I bowed out because...well never mind.

IS there a group that writes stories like that , a few times a year ?
    We should all get together and write stuff. A story
    with 20-something authors . Not just for Halloween but
    maybe like 4 times a year.

Is there such a group and if not who wants to start one ?

Default Re: remember the Halloween story?

I kinda do. It's a great time if people can check their egos at the door and remember that we are only doing it for fun.

Pats, start the Summer Story. Now. You've got time to organize and get one cranked out for delivery around Memorial Day, if you go now - if not then, try for the Fourth. Your turn to edit, woman.

....Sheemie has started a collective, for a story 'ritin' free-fer-all...check under "groups"....

I had bloody cancer again the last time and had to get surgery. I have to say that losing John took the stuffing out of me also.

I would like to do it again. Folks have to play well with others for this venture to work. I would,nt want John looking down ,shaking his head, and saying" Don't be daft,lass, you know you can write that part".

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    I had bloody cancer again the last time and had to get surgery. I have to say that losing John took the stuffing out of me also.

I would like to do it again. Folks have to play well with others for this venture to work. I would,nt want John looking down ,shaking his head, and saying" Don't be daft,lass, you know you can write that part".
    You're so right about this, Staro. The Halloween story will happen - but it's not time yet to crank things up. That won't happen until after the Fourth.
    But until then, there's a summer story that could be worked out and posted starting after Memorial Day - so if it's going to happen, it should happen NOW. There are three months in which to decide the theme and crank it out.

So, Pats....how 'bout it? Want to edit a summer scribble?

The SKMB stories have been so much fun. It has gone from a village stone soup to a smooth blended soup du jour with all the writers adding just the right about of spice and flavor. Pats, we need you to stir the pot 'o soup.