Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What's A Real Life Horror Story You Ever Felt Like Stuck In a Fiction Novel?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's A Real Life Horror Story You Ever Felt Like Stuck In a Fiction Novel?

Post What's A Real Life Horror Story You Ever Felt Like Stuck In a Fiction Novel?

I realize this might be a difficult topic to really share intruth because the number of real horror stories in people’s lives isinsurmountable and it may hurt, a lot, to bring it up to others.
    So share only that which is comfortable and purgative foryou to do so, always keeping in consideration that maybe some horrors need tostay buried for your own sake. But if you have something you can safely share,you know, those stories that make you feel like you are trapped in a vacuum offiction and you can’t get out of it fast enough, let it rip. It just might helpyou let the blasted event Rest In Peace.

Mine was a monster, a blood sucking, tree gobbling, housecrushing, limb splitter, murderous monster that came to my town in the year of2011, on a day when the sun was high in the sky more beautiful than mosttypical spring days. The monster left my town bloody, battered, bruised, blown to pieces, and completely unrecognizable. It was black as a night withoutstars, and it roared a growling sound of a thousand jets. It sounded of death.

Funeral motorcades went on and on in my town for days afterthe Monster came. This town of mine, my home of 25 years, became bait to one of the most violent, lethal creatures I have ever had the displeasure to witness. This monster creature took the bait and ripped it apart like a hungry lion devours its prey. It killed at a speed of, at least, 350 kilometers perhour. Its size was at least one mile wide.

It was the notorious EF5 Monster tornado of May 22nd,2011, that consumed my town. Terror was here, drilling the ground like it meant to destroy it all forever off the map. In a way terror is still here, in the insidious form of post traumatic chaos of the mind.

I remember reading in some of Stephen King’s novels the phrase “tornado bait” but never really understood that it could be me or around me. On that dammed May Day I finally understood exactly what that meant. I will never forget the horror of that evening when the monster came calling us by name. I was inside a moment in time when I felt I was inside a horror story that writers like Stephen King (and perhaps several others) thought up in their imagination, in their craft of telling those stories which scare us deep and at often times forever, while at some level we know it is just a story, fiction,nothing to be scarred for life about. I felt I was in a horrible work of fiction, and yet I fully knew it was all real. That monster was as real as it gets. It will haunt me every spring because, you see, this kind of monster always shows up around this corridor of nightmares; it is only a matter of When.

That mother f*cker of a monster tornado was, is, my personal Pennywise. That Eater Of Children monster shows up every now and again. But we will kick your ass with something called Faith, no matter what you do to us you monster Pennywise...

Default Re: What's A Real Life Horror Story You Ever Felt Like Stuck In a Fiction Novel?

...outstanding post, and a testament to the resiliency of the human spirit....

Default Re: What's A Real Life Horror Story You Ever Felt Like Stuck In a Fiction Novel?

As what GNTLGNT stated. Heart and prayers still go out to all those in the path of destruction. May Pennywise never visit you again.

Our high-tech gadgets and comfortable surroundings often lull us into a false sense of security where nature is concerned. Nature is exquisitely beautiful and terrifyingly deadly. Tornadoes have got to be the worst (well, earthquakes, too, I suppose) in that they strike suddenly and violently without warning. I've often thought it must take nerves of steel to live in Tornado Alley...

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by polishmehappy View Post
    That mother f*cker of a monster tornado
    Holy Smokes are tornado's every bit of that, they're one of the few things I'm just smart enough to be absolutely terrified of.
    That memorable super cell tornado in the '74 super duper season that went right over our heads and dumped the Ohio River complete with a muddy good day's commercial fish catch on us, then touched down a few times for good measure as it took out three entire neighborhoods, it has the distinct distinction of being wholly responsible for the many branch snappin' butt puckerin's I've endured in the years since.
    I don't much care for big wind to this day, at all, is what I'm sayin'.

Death, that's it, just death, I've had enough to last a lifetime, unfortunately it's really just beginning I'm afraid, you know, that gettin' geezered thing.
    Horror though, I think that's really only reserved for mine that have died at another's hand, friends and family both, but the 'feels like being stuck in a fiction novel', and a particularly bad horror genre one at that, are the unsolved murders, which is rather kinda odd if ya think about it, I mean because only in fiction do things like that almost always get resolved, at least to some satisfaction.
    Could be a reason I continue to dig really good fiction, so in the spirit of silver linings everywhere, there's that.

What's A Real Life Horror Story You Ever Felt Like Stuck In?

My marriage.............

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn Gust View Post
    Our high-tech gadgets and comfortable surroundings often lull us into a false sense of security where nature is concerned. Nature is exquisitely beautiful and terrifyingly deadly. Tornadoes have got to be the worst (well, earthquakes, too, I suppose) in that they strike suddenly and violently without warning. I've often thought it must take nerves of steel to live in Tornado Alley...
    Not really. You can get used to anything; it's the magic of human nature. It does, however, require a good basement or tornado shelter and constant awareness of the weather, especially during tornado season. Thankfully the warning systems are much better than they used to be; the overnight tornadoes are the worst, though; the thought of those is a bit scary. And I admit that in my youth, when I lived for a few years with a friend in a trailer, storms made me nervous. In a trailer, you are toast. You just are. I'd sooner stab a fork through my hand than live in a trailer around here.

Statistically you're much less likely to get leveled by a tornado than ... oh, lots of other things. They are hella scary in person, though. Not gonna deny that. We saw some trying to form near our house a few years ago, and I was 1) a little scared and 2) thinking WE JUST BUILT THIS HOUSE.

Me dear old dad was mine. I was always afraid, never sure, always nervous, sometimes downright terrified. But he never killed any of us, though he threatened to. So although there are fingerlings of disturbances still, the main horror is gone and done. Thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmehappy View Post
    I realize this might be a difficult topic to really share intruth because the number of real horror stories in people's lives isinsurmountable and it may hurt, a lot, to bring it up to others.
    So share only that which is comfortable and purgative foryou to do so, always keeping in consideration that maybe some horrors need tostay buried for your own sake. But if you have something you can safely share,you know, those stories that make you feel like you are trapped in a vacuum offiction and you can't get out of it fast enough, let it rip. It just might helpyou let the blasted event Rest In Peace.

Mine was a monster, a blood sucking, tree gobbling, housecrushing, limb splitter, murderous monster that came to my town in the year of2011, on a day when the sun was high in the sky more beautiful than mosttypical spring days. The monster left my town bloody, battered, bruised, blown to pieces, and completely unrecognizable. It was black as a night withoutstars, and it roared a growling sound of a thousand jets. It sounded of death.
    My sister was in the OKC one from several years back. In came within a few blocks of their house. She said after that, she was much more scared of them than before. I expect that's always the way.

I hope that in time you find more peace--because really, other than being reasonably careful, there is not much we can do to avoid them.

A friend of mine was murdered and dismembered by her fiance. They still have not recovered her head.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast