This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks, SKMB

Default Thanks, SKMB

Hi everyone,

I am feeling particulary sappy today so I wanted to post this.

As some of you know, I was in a car accident last week. It certainly wasn't horrible and I'm okay but it has been difficult and my car and myself were both injured. (My car, very, very much so.)

It has been really frustrating and I have been having a really difficult time with it.

My work has not been very supportive and my husband has been, but he's also been really wrapped up in stuff he needs to get done.

I am saying all of this because every time I come on here, I have a new message from someone who is checking on me.

It's really, really wonderful.

I know this has been said a million times before, but this truly is a wonderful place full of wonderful people. We are very, very lucky to have it.

I think we just need to appreciate what we have and say thanks.

So, thank you, SKMB. Thank you Mr. King for doing this for us, and Marsha for dealing with us!

Thank you, SKMB members for being some of the warmest, smartest, funniest, craziest people I have ever met!

Default Re: Thanks, SKMB

Aww, sorry work hasn't been very supportive. If your whiplash is still irritating you then you should be taking it easy...don't try and do too much, too soon. That will only make things worse. Hope you're back to feeling 100% soon, both mentally and physically.

((((Shasta))))

You are so welcome, dahlink. And ain't that the truth?

(((Shasta)))

Shasta take care. Sending healing vibes your way.

Shasta, tell them at work "Argo...f*ck yourself". I find it astonishing when co-workers are not sympathetic and/or understanding. Kiss those kitties for me.

...Honey, I had no idea-or I woulda checked on ya long, long ago...anything I can do...with my "healing hands" and all...wink, wink...

Shasta, I'm so sorry, I hadn't heard about your accident! I hope your injuries are the type that will heal soon. It's too bad your employer isn't being supportive. I'm sure you have plenty to deal with and it would be easier if they were helpful.

I agree One-Hundred-Per-Cent. We are lucky to have each other. There has never been a time I have come here for kinship and not found it, and I say thank-you very much. You get better girl!
    (((((Shasta)))))
    (((((SKMB Magi)))))

Although you may not approve of me or my style I want you to know that I am a sensitive and very feeling person. Often misunderstood because of working in isolation so many years with the military dealing with terrorists and criminals that can truly scar one's soul. I am doing my bet to fit into the social paramaters of civilian life again and I have made much progress but, it is tough especially when your family and friends have abandoned and replaced you because you were gone so long. With nobody to talk to about it and little understanding from persons who have never dealt with what I have the healing drags out longer than necessary. I am not looking for sympathy. I just wanted you to know that I do feel for you and I offer my warmest wishes that you recover from your accident and the shock of it all ASAP. Take care!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast