Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
The Music of Stephen King

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Music of Stephen King

Default The Music of Stephen King

I hope this doesn't get marked as spam. I am a big Stephen King fan, and I recently did something that I felt other King fans might appreciate (and perhaps King himself, if he frequents this board).

Awhile back, I posted on another thread about music and Stephen King-- mostly, what he listens to while writing. Well, with that in mind, and having recently attended the Conversation with Stephen King at Umass Lowell, I decided to do a tribute to Stephen King.

I am a student at Umass Amherst (not Lowell), and at the time I was training to have my own radio program. (I am currently into my 15th episode or so now). At the time, I had to 'prove my muscle' so to speak, so i was assigned two overnights before I officially got my own show.

Since it was only a few days prior at the time, I decided to do my very first show on "The Music of Stephen King". More specifically, music referenced in his many novels, short stories, etc as well as played in some of his many movies. It was a two hour program and I dedicated (most) of the time towards this.

If you are interested, feel free to follow this link and listen to the show. I HOPE you enjoy it. (I'm not trying to sell anything, just your time).

Please keep in mind, that this was my VERY first show, as well as being broadcast at the ungodly hour of 4-6 AM (well, not THAT bad). So, the quality of the show may reflect that (I speak a bit too fast, trying to capture a lot of thoughts into a small amount of time. Lesson learned).

With that in mind, I hope you enjoy this show, if you choose to listen to it. I had a lot of fun doing it, and hope to do something like it again soon (maybe even interview Stephen sometime....that'll be the day).

Here's the link:

http://baconboard.com/music/2012-12-...or-wmua-01.mp3

Oh, the show is called "Conor's Corner". I'm Conor... and this is my corner

Hope you enjoy!

Default Re: The Music of Stephen King

I hope this doesn't get marked as spam.
    ...too late...

....couldn't get the link to work, but best of luck from a guy who has 34 plus years in the "air chair"....

At first I thought it wasn't working but it just took a looooooong time to download. Was over 53 minutes long so admit I did not listen to more than the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    At first I thought it wasn't working but it just took a looooooong time to download. Was over 53 minutes long so admit I did not listen to more than the very beginning.
    Hi, Mod. I should have clarified: the recording is available to listen to by streaming. There is the option of downloading it, but I don't recommend it (as you can see, it takes foooorever).

This link goes directly to the stream for me. If it doesn't work for you still, let me know. I'll try to see what's going on.

http://baconboard.com/music/2012-12-...or-wmua-01.mp3

Oh, and thank you for trying to give it a listen!

That's a funny response/image. If you don't mind me asking, what sort of show did you do for 34 + years? What was your DJ name? Station? My uncle worked in radio- started at the actual station I'm DJ'ing at now, in fact. However, he worked on the business end of things.

Thanks for the "good luck".

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...too late...

....couldn't get the link to work, but best of luck from a guy who has 34 plus years in the "air chair"....

Quote Originally Posted by wakeupnow666 View Post
    That's a funny response/image. If you don't mind me asking, what sort of show did you do for 34 + years? What was your DJ name? Station? My uncle worked in radio- started at the actual station I'm DJ'ing at now, in fact. However, he worked on the business end of things.

Thanks for the "good luck".
    ....I am employed part-time now as a staff announcer and writer for a local broadcast group(AVC Communications), in addition to my full time job as an RN....I have worked as a jock in many formats from Country to Classic Rock, Oldies to Adult Contemporary over the millenia and go by "The Gentle Giant"...my show for a while was "Rock & Roller" in the Afternoon...which was coolish, since my last name IS Roller...

You have an interesting job! I like your DJ name, "The Gentle Giant"... I presume you are tall? Nice coincidence with the your last name being "Roller" and the "Rock & Roller" show name. Pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ....I am employed part-time now as a staff announcer and writer for a local broadcast group(AVC Communications), in addition to my full time job as an RN....I have worked as a jock in many formats from Country to Classic Rock, Oldies to Adult Contemporary over the millenia and go by "The Gentle Giant"...my show for a while was "Rock & Roller" in the Afternoon...which was coolish, since my last name IS Roller...

You have an interesting job! I like your DJ name, "The Gentle Giant"... I presume you are tall? Nice coincidence with the your last name being "Roller" and the "Rock & Roller" show name. Pretty cool.
    ....Tall?....sorta-kinda at 6'9" and tip the scales at 310...

Mod, if you'd like, I could always mail it to you on CD. Is there a preferred mailing address to send this to? I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm thinking it could be an incompatibility with your browser...

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post

Mod, if you'd like, I could always mail it to you on CD. Is there a preferred mailing address to send this to? I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm thinking it could be an incompatibility with your browser...
    Thank you for the offer. I was able to get it to download so it isn't that I didn't have access--just didn't have the time to listen to it then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast