This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Excited about doctor sleep?

Default Excited about doctor sleep?

Some people like me are crazy about cool limited edition books, but I have never spent over a 100$ for a book so I'm just planning on gettin I believe it's the letter or gift edition or something. I've set my reservation and everything. So which edition of doctor sleep are you getting I thank it should be good.

Default Re: Excited about doctor sleep?

...I'll be getting The Stephen King Library edition...the only volumes I've shelled out the big bucks for are The Secretary of Dreams 1 & 2...

I'm excited abour Dr Sleep. I'm getting the gift edition.....

I've already preordered both the signed numbered and gift editions of Doctor Sleep, and plan on getting both the US and UK trade editions and the advance proofs also.

John

a haunted,drafty balcony overseeing my kingdom...waiting for my King...

Yes, I am excited and I'll be getting whatever edition I find in the store whenever it's widely available.

Quote Originally Posted by jchanic View Post
    I've already preordered both the signed numbered and gift editions of Doctor Sleep, and plan on getting both the US and UK trade editions and the advance proofs also.

John
    ...sooooo, the rich uncle you didn't know you had, up and left you his sugar cane fortune???.....

me ? i'm getting the one they put on the shelf at Dillons...or WalMart...

oh, me...unless i win a lottery...my days of needing a special edition are over...

i gots me a 'cycle of the werewolf'...i gots me sum 'DT 1, 2, 3 and 4'... i gots 'desperation'...

there are too many other books to be read...too many movies to be seen...too many albums to listen to...

i'll gladly leave all that to you...hope you enjoy

That cover is certainly a grabber!! I think I will pre-order from B&N, can't wait!!

That cover is certainly a grabber!! I just pre-ordered from B&N! Found this:

Stephen King returns to the characters and territory of one of his most popular novels ever, The Shining, in this instantly riveting novel about the now middle-aged Dan Torrance (the boy protagonist of The Shining) and the very special twelve-year-old girl he must save from a tribe of murderous paranormals.

On highways across America, a tribe of people called The True Knot travel in search of sustenance. They look harmless—mostly old, lots of polyester, and married to their RVs. But as Dan Torrance knows, and spunky twelve-year-old Abra Stone learns, The True Knot are quasi-immortal, living off the “steam” that children with the “shining” produce when they are slowly tortured to death.

Haunted by the inhabitants of the Overlook Hotel where he spent one horrific childhood year, Dan has been drifting for decades, desperate to shed his father’s legacy of despair, alcoholism, and violence. Finally, he settles in a New Hampshire town, an AA community that sustains him, and a job at a nursing home where his remnant “shining” power provides the crucial final comfort to the dying. Aided by a prescient cat, he becomes “Doctor Sleep.”

Then Dan meets the evanescent Abra Stone, and it is her spectacular gift, the brightest shining ever seen, that reignites Dan’s own demons and summons him to a battle for Abra’s soul and survival. This is an epic war between good and evil, a gory, glorious story that will thrill the millions of devoted readers of The Shining and satisfy anyone new to the territory of this icon in the King canon.
    AWESOME!!

The cover is absolutely terrifying. Have the cost set aside in my special "treat" box and will be buying the hardcover on the day it comes out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast