This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Not for the queasy

Default Not for the queasy

My babies are notorious for having loose valves, making copious yarp a nearly daily event around here with our 6 month old. My husband says that Torleif's Love Language is "barf." My 11 year old still has to hang over the toilet if he gets to laughing too hard, we call it the "upchuckle."

The other day, Davin was carrying Torleif when he (Tor) threw up about a gallon of formula, all over Kaywinnet (the dog.) Kaywinnet didn't notice that she'd been splattered, she was just excited to have been blessed by food from heaven and started enjoying the bounty. She didn't comprehend the ill omen of the dog-shaped void in the manna, and was very perplexed when I started to drag her away.

So, Davin bathed Torleif, I washed the dog, and my 17 year old cleaned the carpet. Good times at the Lindner-Green house!

Default Re: Not for the queasy

Never a dull moment, Jen... and Gawd, your family and mine could be twinners!
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

We should hang out! Some place with plastic-coated furniture...

Having kids and pets sure aint sexy.

One of our kids was so bad (and predictable) that we'd always send him off to bed after his birthday celebrations with hugs, kisses and a giant puke-collecting container. (It was kind of a big deal as he always slept in the top bunk. lol)
    There is hope for the future however, we discovered that our lad had abnormally large tonsils and this caused him to have a massively overactive gag reflex. Since his tonsillectomy, birthdays (and car trips) are much more fun for him! Maybe something worth checking out sometime down the track?
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeNoir View Post
    One of our kids was so bad (and predictable) that we'd always send him off to bed after his birthday celebrations with hugs, kisses and a giant puke-collecting container. (It was kind of a big deal as he always slept in the top bunk. lol)
    There is hope for the future however, we discovered that our lad had abnormally large tonsils and this caused him to have a massively overactive gag reflex. Since his tonsillectomy, birthdays (and car trips) are much more fun for him! Maybe something worth checking out sometime down the track?
    Lucky you and Jen.
    I was the kid who got carsick pretty easily, too, so I feel their pain - and the barfing wasn't stymied until my tonsillectomy, too - made a world of difference when it came to earaches and allergies as well.
    Y'all need to start a Mommyblog together! Have guest writers from the SKMB! (Dads, too!)

...the never-ending yawn of love!....