This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EX Destroyed my Stephen King Collection

Default EX Destroyed my Stephen King Collection

My entire collection of Stephen King books, including several first editions was destroyed by my ex during oiur divorce. Not one other book in my collection of over a 1000 was touched, as she knew my King books were my most prized, if not necessarily highest valued.

Now I am in the process of trying to rebuild my collection and having some difficulty with certain titles. I only purchase hard backs except for the Dark Tower series and have tried Amazon, but like to know if there are better resources for purchasing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom
    Last edited by Moderator; March 4th, 2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: added spoiler tag to email address

Default Re: EX Destroyed my Stephen King Collection

So sorry to hear that! I have had luck finding used books on alibris.com and have some friends who like half.com (it,s a spinoff of ebay). Also, check your area for locally owned bookstores.

Good luck!

....a public flaying would seem to be in order here...what an asshat she is...

I have EXCELLENT luck at our local thrift stores ... and online, abebooks.com is a great resource.

I have to say that on reading the subject of this thread I actually gasped.

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

A good place to pick up old hard backs (that are often first editions) are the thrift stores. I hit the Goodwill & Salvation Army stores periodically and have scored a few nice copies pretty cheap.

Another good source is ebay.

May I suggest Betts Books- online.
    http://www.bettsbooks.com/

All good suggestions. I can't add much but to say I'm sorry. What a shame, ex-people sure do know how to hurt a body. I hope you did something pretty good to have that one coming. One thing about Stephen King's books is that he sells so prolifically that his books are really easy to find used. I work in a new/used bookstore and see radical tons of his stuff, (including first editions) coming in (and going out) all of the time.
    Also, if you let your local used bookseller know of your dilemma, I'm sure they will be happy to help you replace your precioussssss. My store sells perfectly beautiful first editions of most SK titles for from $5 down to $1.
    Someone at my store once priced a first edition of The Gunslinger for $5. I nearly crapped myself.... but that's a story for some other time.

So make an adventure of it! Look at it as a treasure hunt and make lemonade!

PS Welcome to the SKMB, I hope you keep posting and let us know how you are progressing in rebuilding your SK collection.

Does she have a shoe collection?

Quote Originally Posted by nate_watkins View Post
    ...and he a male cat with a strong urge to mark territory?...(yeah, my docksiders were never the same again)...

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by nate_watkins View Post
    That reminds me of that scene in "War Of The Roses" when Michael Douglas saws off the heels of all of his wife's shoes during their divorce.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast