Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
13 year old writer here.

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 year old writer here.

Default 13 year old writer here.

Hello, my name is Micah. I'm a 13 year old photographer/writer who owns only 2 Stephen King books (Cujo and IT), but I still enjoy the movie adaptations they made from his books. I plan on collecting a lot more of them. Anyway, I know this may be getting off topic, but I recently started writing a Horror novel that is currently being worked on and it is entitled, "Simply Deceiving." It's about a man named William Cale who meets a woman that doesn't seem right at all.. All I can tell you is bad things start to happen and things begin to be unraveled that can be shocking. As I said before, it's still being worked on and only has 2 chapters, but read them at the link. I'd be a really happy camper. So I'm new to the forums. I hope to post more!

-Micah.

And give me your honest opinion about the story. I don't care if you think a damn infant can write better than me. Let it all out. I really need my writing to be judged.

Default Re: 13 year old writer here.

Had to remove the link, Micah, as that's not allowed but if anyone wants to read it and gets in touch with you, you can let them know how to find it. You'll need to make a couple more posts before you're allowed to PM, though.

...I admire the "can do" tone here...glad to see one of the "tweeners" writing rather than drooling mindlessly in their laps while they text...

Quote Originally Posted by MicahWumbo View Post
    Hello, my name is Micah. I'm a 13 year old photographer/writer who owns only 2 Stephen King books (Cujo and IT), but I still enjoy the movie adaptations they made from his books. I plan on collecting a lot more of them. Anyway, I know this may be getting off topic, but I recently started writing a Horror novel that is currently being worked on and it is entitled, "Simply Deceiving." It's about a man named William Cale who meets a woman that doesn't seem right at all.. All I can tell you is bad things start to happen and things begin to be unraveled that can be shocking. As I said before, it's still being worked on and only has 2 chapters, but read them at the link. I'd be a really happy camper. So I'm new to the forums. I hope to post more!

-Micah.

And give me your honest opinion about the story. I don't care if you think a damn infant can write better than me. Let it all out. I really need my writing to be judged.
    I can't read it, of course, but once you're able to use PMs, feel free to send me a link.

Until then, keep writing and keep reading (I wouldn't hurt to check out Mr. King's On Writing, either!)

You'll have to get your hands on a copy of "On Writing" by Stephen King. All aspiring writers need to read this. Good luck to you, welcome and keep posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    Until then, keep writing and keep reading (I wouldn't hurt to check out Mr. King's On Writing, either!)
    Damn. Now I wish I'd said "Keep writing and keep reading and start reading On Writing."

: pout :

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    Had to remove the link, Micah, as that's not allowed but if anyone wants to read it and gets in touch with you, you can let them know how to find it. You'll need to make a couple more posts before you're allowed to PM, though.
    Micah, send me the link too via Private Message when you can. Good luck!

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...I admire the "can do" tone here...glad to see one of the "tweeners" writing rather than drooling mindlessly in their laps while they text...
    I'm so uncoordinated I can't even text when I drool

I'll read it too.

Send me the link when you can.

Good luck!

With a simple bit of Googling I was able to find your novel MicahWumbo. Are you really 13 years old? The ideas and references in your writing make you seem older. I really enjoyed the two chapters you have posted. You have come up with some very vivid scenes in description and dialogue. I am impressed.

Do you belong to any writing groups? I think you would benefit greatly if you could get into a group and have someone help you a bit with your syntax. Perhaps your local library has a writer's group you can join. And as others here have said, you should definitely read SK's On Writing.

Good luck and I look forward to reading additional chapters. Please keep writing!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast