This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pop-Tart Gets Student Suspended

Default Pop-Tart Gets Student Suspended

Default Re: Pop-Tart Gets Student Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Out of Order View Post
    ...nope, just "loaded" with sugar...what a nit-wit this so-called "educator" is..."OMG!...that strawberry filling looks JUST like blood!!!!!"......

Anybody know the school's mailing address? Got a box of Pop Tarts I need to mail....

I honestly don't even know why they make unfrosted pop tarts. They're just so dull.

But seriously, I used to draw people getting stabbed by Michael Myers in my journal at school. I just dug horror movies and knew it would freak the teachers out. No one ever had a problem with that. Thank God I never played with a pop tart. I guess that's just going too far.

God, I miss the days when teachers weren't so insanely afraid of their own students. You can never win a child's respect by destroying his or her imagination at such an early age. You're supposed to wait until they're at least a teenager to do that.

Good Grief Charlie Brown. Ridiculous!

When my daughter was in high school, we lived on an Air Force base in England. The housing area was across the road from the base, so all of the kids had to walk through the main gate to get to school. Students would flash their military IDs at the gate guard and they would be waved through in drones. One morning, my daughter's friend forgot to take out his ID, so he held his intact Poptart up in the air...and was promptly waved through the gate.

Awww a pop tart?

maybe....

evil, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    Anybody know the school's mailing address? Got a box of Pop Tarts I need to mail....

Great idea. I hope they get an office full.

The school sent out a letter late in the day to parents explaining what happened and why they thought it was a threat saying, "A student used food to make an inappropriate gesture."
    And yet, students have smeared peanutbutter on the desk of a student they know is allergic to it...and staff say there's nothing they can do about it. (It's just food, not a weapon.)

I know, I know...I have a one track mind and I'm eventually going to get myself "accidentally" banned.

~~~~

On a separate note; my son has been obsessed with Link (from the Zelda games) since he was in primary. He used to draw pictures of link with a sword, pictures of the sword, etc. on all his school books. His teacher and I worked together to get him to stop. We both felt there was NO threat to what he was doing, but worried that when he moved to middle school a teacher might over-react and he could be suspended.

Boy from Baltimore reacts to suspension over Pop-Tarts scandal: "Suspended for two days alone at home with Playstation? Cool! Mom needs to give me more Pop-Tarts for school."

....speaking of evil Pop Tarts...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast