Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
What makes you cry ?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes you cry ?

Default What makes you cry ?

Obviously, everyone cries when they lose a loved one or something other horrific event happens, but I mean a casual cry or even a happy cry. What does it for you?

I cry sometimes when I read something very sad. I cry when I hear the Canadian anthem, which is friggin embarrassing. I cannot seem to help it. When I hear one word of O Canada, me eyes gets too near me bladder.

Default Re: What makes you cry ?

...as gruff and grouchy as I am in "real life"...many things, both dark and light make me well up...guess I'm kind of a soft-hearted old bear(soft-headed too)....

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

I ain't cried a tear for the dead in decades, but then after too many ya kinda just get numb to it, at least I seem to have, I mean in three years, just in direct family alone, I lost a brother, his twin and my one sister, and a niece, and I shed nary a drop, add the old pals, newish friends, and the many memorable acquaintances, and I'd be one dessicated Pat in a seriously ill fitting hat, at least I'd have to reckon so.
    But I do tend to smile (& laugh out loud like a Loon...got in 'The Loon', that one's for you Staro ) a lot remembering good times, death sure can turn on the swell memory muscle, and I think that's pretty freakin'....maybe, somehow/someway, me ol' noodle factory has turned off the be really sads, I dunno but it's been workin', for me anyway
    But now those damn Hallmark commercials!......honestly, for me, it's the little things, the wee small stolen moments of connection and affection you can sometimes catch, or even bettererest, participate in...and often involving one of those snot nosed mini bacteria factories bein' too freakin' cute...damn kids with all that warm & fuzzy junk, they sure can ruin a perfectly good grump!

A book crier for sure- I now rate books by number of tissue boxes needed. Especially SK books when one becomes so invested in the characters.
    Happy tears each time I enter the pet store and see all the beautiful doggies. My heart is just too soft for doggies. Oh, doggie commercials too.

The pain of shingles. Ew - I know - everybody thinks this is a disease that somehow you bring on yourself but if you look it up anyone over 50 is quite susceptible to it if you had chicken pox as a child. When my doctor told me what I had I was surprised. He said there is nothing you can do but wait it out (?) So I bought some 0.75% capsaicin cream and have been applying that for about two weeks now. I guess if your immune system is compromised or you are under a lot of stress that can somehow cause the virus to reactive in your body. OUCH! Oh yeah and also

Sad movies make me cry too!

I used to cry alot when I was younger... Now not so much I'm an old woman of 40. I seem to cry "happy tears" more than sad tears. Watching something on tv can make me well up. Dreadful thing to say, but I cried more when our dear old dog got put down, than when either of my grandparents popped off. Can't honestly remember the last time I had a "good cry"...

I never cry. Heart of stone, that's me.

Freemansburg PA, sort of near Philadelphia

Books, tv and movies make me cry the most. Sad stuff sure, but actually I tend to cry more when someone does something really heroic or selfless. The stuff on tv about bullying also makes me cry sometimes, even worse now that I have a toddler that will be exposed to such ridiculous treatment within a few years

Quote Originally Posted by mustangclaire View Post
    I used to cry alot when I was younger... Now not so much I'm an old woman of 40. I seem to cry "happy tears" more than sad tears. Watching something on tv can make me well up. Dreadful thing to say, but I cried more when our dear old dog got put down, than when either of my grandparents popped off. Can't honestly remember the last time I had a "good cry"...
    I came apart at the seams when I had to put my dog Joe to sleep. Same with the cat I'd had through thick and thin. Certain movie scenes are guaranteed to do it, for instance when the Bedford Falls townspeople are bringing George Bailey all their money, and when John Coffey heals the warden's wife.

Everything. Seriously, everything. I cry all the time. It's ridiculous. I even wrote a whole blog post about it.

I seem to be extremely empathetic (I know, I know, I hide it well) so everything affects me way too much.

Things I have cried about already this morning:
    - Steven Weber getting stabbed on General Hospital
    - A dead possum on the way to work
    - A story about a little girl born with a cleft palette

It's only 10:36am.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast