This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Visitor from Serbia

Default Visitor from Serbia

Hello.

Well, like I said in the title, I am from Serbia. For those that might not know, it is a country in the southeastern part of Europe, Balkan region. I am 32, fan of Stephen King, and a collector of sort of any Stephen King's book I can find translated into Serbian language.

Few weeks back I got a life time opportunity to come and visit USA. Maybe to some of you this will sound strange, but for us common people from Serbia it is like that. As soon as I realized that the place I will be staying in is not far away from Bangor, ME I have decided that there is no way I am gonna miss this opportunity and travel to Bangor and visit the house of my favorite writer and all those places I have read about in his novels (most of them coming from IT).

Now, I hope to do that during the the next two, three weekends (from March 8th through March 23) and if there is any chance that I could meet Mr King in person that would be the best gift ever that I could bring back home from USA.

Thank you,
    Pavle

Default Re: Visitor from Serbia

Unfortunately, Stephen will not be in Bangor at the same time that you will. He also makes it his practice not to meet with fans outside of scheduled public appearances. As you can imagine, he gets requests to do so quite frequently and rather than say yes to one person and no to another, it's better to have the no one-on-one visits policy in place. I hope you enjoy your time in Bangor and the U.S.!

Hi and welcome.

I imagine you and Srbo will have much about which to speak. Enjoy the board. Lots of good people here.

Sorry that you can't meet Mr. King, Pavle, but while you're in Bangor, you should check out some of the places he's written about like the Thomas Hill Standpipe, Mt. Hope cemetery, Kenduskeag Stream and canal, the Bangor Public Library, and the extensive sewer system beneath the city.

OK, maybe not that last one.

Dobor dan, Pavle!

Have a good time in Bangor - and bring snow boots with you! It's still very much winter in Maine! Keep posting and let us know what you think of Mr. King's "stomping grounds".
    (= a place where someone regularly spends time)

it's better to have the no one-on-one visits policy in place.
    ...except for his kitchen, that's free game....

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...except for his kitchen, that's free game....

~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Hey everyone. Thanks for the welcome. @Ms Mod, thanks for the answer. Yeah, I understand. I was expecting that it will be hardly possible, but had to ask. Well, hopefully next weekend I'll be on my way to Bangor. Boots are ready!

Quote Originally Posted by Pavle View Post
    Hey everyone. Thanks for the welcome. @Ms Mod, thanks for the answer. Yeah, I understand. I was expecting that it will be hardly possible, but had to ask. Well, hopefully next weekend I'll be on my way to Bangor. Boots are ready!
    Don't forget your camera!