This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Books about witches...

Default Books about witches...

I really enjoyed the books Practical Magic and the Witches of Eastwick. Plus, I'm a huge fan of the show Charmed.
    I would love to read more books involving witches.
    Just as a heads up, already read Wicked, and did not enjoy it. Plus, when I think of witches, I don't care too much for the "green and wicked" kind. I'm looking for more books similar to the ones mentioned. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Default Re: Books about witches...

...have you read The Dark Tower series?...that Rhea of the Coos is a fun-filled old bat...

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness...the first in a trilogy, books one and two are out. I enjoyed the first one, haven't gotten around to the second one yet.

Anne Rice's The Witching Hour is awesome. It's also the first of a trilogy, and the best of the three, IMO.

Did you know there is a sequel to The Witches of Eastwick called The Widows of Eastwick? It's very good.

There is also this series from Anne Rice:
    Lives of the Mayfair Witches

Quote Originally Posted by cat in a bag View Post
    A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness...the first in a trilogy, books one and two are out. I enjoyed the first one, haven't gotten around to the second one yet.

Anne Rice's The Witching Hour is awesome. It's also the first of a trilogy, and the best of the three, IMO.
    I have read the second of Ms. Harkness's trilogy: the series also features a vampire, 'tis very good, I can't wait for the third! As Mz. Cat states, Anne Rice's trilogy is also special.

Thanks everyone for these recommendations! They all sound great. I could have done some searching on the web, but I wanted recommendations from SK fans.

I did not know that there is a witch in the Dark Tower series. Goes to show that I'm still somewhat of a newbie to SK.

I also did not know Anne Rice wrote books about witches. I knew she wrote about vampires. I recently purchased a copy of Interview with the Vampire at a thrift store, but I have not read it yet. I'm kind of burned out with vampires, so I have been putting it off.

Someone told me about three books by Nora Roberts which are about witches. The first one is called Dance Upon the Air, or something of that sort. I have never read Nora Roberts, have always been reluctant to. Has anyone read these books?

I recommend you NOT read the Witches of East End.

Quote Originally Posted by charmed_one3 View Post
    I really enjoyed the books Practical Magic and the Witches of Eastwick. Plus, I'm a huge fan of the show Charmed.
    I would love to read more books involving witches.
    Just as a heads up, already read Wicked, and did not enjoy it. Plus, when I think of witches, I don't care too much for the "green and wicked" kind. I'm looking for more books similar to the ones mentioned. Any recommendations? Thanks!
    There's always the Scottish play.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Sawyer View Post
    There's always the Scottish play.
    MacBeth?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted View Post
    MacBeth?
    The one and only. They're not exactly Alyssa Milano in a catsuit but the hags are interesting.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast