This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: New and Clueless

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Longview, TX
    Posts
    28

    Default New and Clueless

    Hello! My name is Becky. I am obviously an avid Stephen King fan (otherwise I wouldn't have found my way here) and I am also a new writer. A tip for other new writers out there, if you weren't aware, Mr. King wrote a book called "On Writing: Memoir of the Craft" and I have found it EXTREMELY helpful! I share so many of his views on the way good fiction should be written, and his ideas and advice make writing so much easier and fun! (Although personally, besides reading Mr. King's books, I can't think of ANYTHING more fun than writing, but I am just a nerd)! Anyone feel free to post, this thread is about nothing in particular, except maybe to help other newbies like myself feel at home and to continue to hold Mr. King's work in high esteem!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,030

    Default Re: New and Clueless

    Welcome, Becky! Hope you enjoy your stay

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Middle TN
    Posts
    1,373

    Default Re: New and Clueless

    To get to the really good stuff you need today's password and know the secret handshake.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    bye
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: New and Clueless

    Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    To get to the really good stuff you need today's password and know the secret handshake.
    C'mon man... they're not supposed to find out about the goat until they're level three.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Middle TN
    Posts
    1,373

    Default Re: New and Clueless

    Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    C'mon man... they're not supposed to find out about the goat until they're level three.
    I've been drinking tonight and let it slip. I should stop posting before I say anything about, oh crap, I almost did it again.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    bye
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: New and Clueless

    Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    I've been drinking tonight and let it slip. I should stop posting before I say anything about, oh crap, I almost did it again.
    I keep telling you--the chicken ceremony isn't until level FIVE!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Middle TN
    Posts
    1,373

    Default Re: New and Clueless

    Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    I keep telling you--the chicken ceremony isn't until level FIVE!
    I thought level 5 was the gorilla costume and the iguana; I really got to stop drinking and posting.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    bye
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: New and Clueless

    Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    I thought level 5 was the gorilla costume and the iguana; I really got to stop drinking and posting.
    Well, yeah. Then the chicken.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, Ohio
    Posts
    17,667

    Default Re: New and Clueless

    Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    I've been drinking tonight and let it slip. I should stop posting before I say anything about, oh crap, I almost did it again.
    ...and I will severely harm ANYONE who mentions the Reddi-Whip and Cheeto suprise on Level 7!....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,030

    Default Re: New and Clueless

    Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...and I will severely harm ANYONE who mentions the Reddi-Whip and Cheeto suprise on Level 7!....
    Ummm.....you just did, big guy

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •