Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Another new soul

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another new soul

Default Another new soul

Hi,

I've visited this site a few times and read some interesting threads. Now, on a cold, grey evening in London I've finally gotten round to signing up.

It's perhaps hard to say anything original on a site like this as I suppose everyone ended up here for the same reason - a love of the King.

What can I say. I remember reading the Shining when I was at school - a long time ago, I remember that it was the only book (except for the Turn of the Screw) which made me literally look over my shoulder several times. And I remember loving that feeling.

In my teens I remember sitting on a fallen tree in the local woods on hot summer days, reading the Tommy Knockers and smoking cigarettes I'd pinched off my big sister.

Since then I've read SK books intermittently, but I realise that much like my drinking, it has surreptitiously crept up over the years.
    First it was one every few years, then one every year as a treat, now as soon as i finish one, I'm itching for the next.

Today sheltering from the cold I went into a bookshop and found myself leafing through the Stand, which I've never read. Apparently it was an expanded version of the original. I've always meant to read the Stand as people rave about it, so now I'm wondering - should I hit the original, or proceed straight to the extra large version. Any advice, gratefully received.

Default Re: Another new soul

Welcome to the board! I say read it the way Stephen wrote it, the way he meant it to be. Go for the big one.
    "You've been here before, but things are about to change. I know it. I feel it. There's a storm on the way." -- Stephen King

Read the unabridged version. sK didn't want it to be abridged in the first place.

Welcome and read the unabridged version...

It's been a long time since I read the Stand, started slow, but I hated flipping over the last page when I finished. Great book.

Welcome, and go for it. And IT while yer at it Happy reading.

Guys, would it not be great to read that again for the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    Welcome, and go for it. And IT while yer at it Happy reading.

Guys, would it not be great to read that again for the first time?
    That or IT?

both But I meant The Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by not_nadine View Post
    both But I meant The Stand.
    You what them to go for it or what?

It's perhaps hard to say anything original on a site like this

...you will find yourself amazed at what falls out of our keystrokes....some of it even makes sense....and for the record, read the "full" edition of The Stand...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast