Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Where’s the disdain?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where’s the disdain?

Default Where’s the disdain?

And can someone please try and explain the rationale for this to me?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphben...-conversation/

Default Re: Where’s the disdain?

I've never understood Mercedes' either.

It probably makes since to whoever is getting a kickback from placing the order (ammo), not that it has ever happened in our government before (I'm sure all ammo companies are above manipulating our buyers).

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Well zel, the government is obviously building up a stockpile of ammo so they can kill us all after they come to our houses and take all our guns of course, duh.

Falmouth of the Mighty BlueGrass State and Commonwealth of Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia A View Post
    Well zel, the government is obviously building up a stockpile of ammo so they can kill us all after they come to our houses and take all our guns of course, duh.
    Would might could maybe explain the gub'mint stockpilin' of purchased in bulk TP it would it twould...well dincha hear, them there Islama'Obamamaniacs, they's a'plannin' to wipe us all out...yeah yeah I know the way out.

You do know the Coast Guard is part of Homeland Security, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    You do know the Coast Guard is part of Homeland Security, right?
    Yes. And therefore I could see the need for purchasing patrol planes and patrol boats... but hundreds of year’s worth of hollow point bullets and thousands of tanks? Or are expecting to be invaded by another country in the near future while the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines are all on maneuvers to Mars?

No idea why they would need tanks but since they do deal with drug runners who use some pretty heavy artillery, I can see the justification for bullets. My former son-in-law is in the Coast Guard and they patrolled a much larger range than I would have thought particularly toward our southern neighbors specifically for drug smuggling. Perhaps there was a sale going--you know we women love a good sale.

Yes, some sarcasm intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
    No idea why they would need tanks but since they do deal with drug runners who use some pretty heavy artillery, I can see the justification for bullets. My former son-in-law is in the Coast Guard and they patrolled a much larger range than I would have thought particularly toward our southern neighbors specifically for drug smuggling. Perhaps there was a sale going--you know we women love a good sale.

Yes, some sarcasm intended.
    Thank god there wasn’t a sale on shoes.

I understand about the drug smuggling problems and the need for some bullets. But as the piece noted… “at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending less than 6 million rounds a month. Therefore 1.6 billion rounds would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years.” And as for the Coast Guard, aren’t they primarily responsible for the waters and ports? (Although those longshoremen can be tough cookies I've heard ). I might be wrong but I believe the majority of illegal drugs coming in from our neighbors to the south come over land masses. I just don’t think the Coast Guard can be explained as the primary reason for the suspect level and types of purchases being made by Homeland Security, although I'm sure they are a legitimate small part of the purchase.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast