Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Rare IT book HELP!?!

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rare IT book HELP!?!

Default Rare IT book HELP!?!

A friend of mine recently purchased a copy of IT online, and upon the books arrival it didn't resemble any copy of this particular book we had ever seen. Besides the books appearance, the copyright inside is listed as 1980. Since, it's a well known fact that Stephen King did not publish IT until 1986, we were wondering if anyone could give any information regarding this book. I have included an image of the book jacket to show you this is no hoax LOL Any information on this would be much appreciated! Thank you!

P.S. As you see, the book jacket clearly states...# 1 Bestseller Stephen King's IT, and has a funny, cartoonish looking clown on it!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	It From Trent.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	17062

Default Re: Rare IT book HELP!?!

Looks like it might be a library-bound copy of a paperback? Is it the same size as a paperback? Can't give you an explaination on the copyright date tho.....

Quote Originally Posted by kingricefan View Post
    Looks like it might be a library-bound copy of a paperback? Is it the same size as a paperback? Can't give you an explaination on the copyright date tho.....

Yes, it is the size of a paper back, but it's a hardcover book....

...I have seen that cover, but not in that format....Marsha may be able to help...

Yeah, that's the cover from several years ago. Many of Mr. King's books were re-released around that same time with that same style of cover-art.

If the copyright for the book says "1980" (and isn't referring to some material quoted within the book), then it could be a misprint. It could also be a Chinese ripoff.

I bought a Pink Floyd album in Busan a few years ago... song titles were things like "Money Love" and "We for Them".

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post

I bought a Pink Floyd album in Busan a few years ago... song titles were things like "Money Love" and "We for Them".
    Did you also pick up a copy of "The Well?"

Doing a google image search that particular cover does come up several times. Not finding any specific info though.

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...I have seen that cover, but not in that format....Marsha may be able to help...
    Yes, and Thank you! I happened to receive a reply from her not long after posting this thread.

Thank you all so much! I didn't expect this many replies so fast....Great group of people on here, Sincerely appreciate it!

Can you post a copy of the copyright page here? As I'd mentioned, the date is definitely not right since the book hadn't been written in 1980 but would like to see what the rest of the copyright info looks like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast