This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Seemed incomplete

  1. #1
    jimson's Avatar
    jimson Guest

    Default Seemed incomplete

    Didn't really do it for me. Seems like it could have gone somewhere but didn't.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yet to be discovered
    Posts
    1,571

    Default Re: Seemed incomplete

    It's been awhile since I've read the book, but it was my first SK book. I remember liking it well enough.

  3. #3
    jimson's Avatar
    jimson Guest

    Default Re: Seemed incomplete

    Ah, my first was Christine. Cell wasn't bad, I just didn't get into the same way I have others. Took a long time off from pleasure reading then I got a Kindle. since then I'd rate what I've read

    1. Bag of Bones
    2. 11-22-64
    3. Full Dark no stars
    4. UTD
    5. Desperation
    6. Black House
    7. The Gunslinger, this rating my grow if I read the others.
    8. Rose Madder
    9. Cell
    10. Blaze

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default Re: Seemed incomplete

    Quote Originally Posted by jimson View Post
    Didn't really do it for me. Seems like it could have gone somewhere but didn't.
    Care to expand? If you're going to create a thread to specifically express your displeasure then I'd personally appreciate a little more to go on, in the hope of encouraging a productive discussion. Otherwise what's the point??

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    10,280

    Default Re: Seemed incomplete

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Care to expand? If you're going to create a thread to specifically express your displeasure then I'd personally appreciate a little more to go on, in the hope of encouraging a productive discussion. Otherwise what's the point??
    I'm with, Ally, man. I'm already sick of seeing the titles of your threads, jimson.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    617

    Default Re: Seemed incomplete

    Quote Originally Posted by jimson View Post
    Didn't really do it for me. Seems like it could have gone somewhere but didn't.
    I actually felt the same as you, Jimson. (Wow. I agree with you on something? Wow.)

    IMO, Cell felt like too much of a modern re-tread of *drum roll please* The Stand. I did not care about any of the characters. I was mildly intrigued if Clay would get home to his son, but the other characters just followed Clay without any (obvious) concern of THEIR families. It was weird. It seemed like King tried so hard to keep the pedal to the floor so much with this one that the character development suffered in the process. Under the Dome largely fixed that, IMO. Constant action and great character development - I really felt for Barbie, Big Jim and the rest. But not in Cell.

    That ending just added insult to injury.

    If any of you enjoyed Cell, I'm glad. I'd read SK before any other author, that's for sure! And they can't all be winners.

    This was just my opinion, of course.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,030

    Default Re: Seemed incomplete

    Quote Originally Posted by AchtungBaby View Post
    I actually felt the same as you, Jimson. (Wow. I agree with you on something? Wow.)

    IMO, Cell felt like too much of a modern re-tread of *drum roll please* The Stand. I did not care about any of the characters. I was mildly intrigued if Clay would get home to his son, but the other characters just followed Clay without any (obvious) concern of THEIR families. It was weird. It seemed like King tried so hard to keep the pedal to the floor so much with this one that the character development suffered in the process. Under the Dome largely fixed that, IMO. Constant action and great character development - I really felt for Barbie, Big Jim and the rest. But not in Cell.

    That ending just added insult to injury.

    If any of you enjoyed Cell, I'm glad. I'd read SK before any other author, that's for sure! And they can't all be winners.

    This was just my opinion, of course.
    I just started reading Cell...... I'll let ya know

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Middle TN
    Posts
    1,373

    Default Re: Seemed incomplete

    I enjoyed it, but then again I wasn't looking for a masterpiece when I picked up, just a good diversion.

  9. #9
    jimson's Avatar
    jimson Guest

    Default Re: Seemed incomplete

    Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I'm with, Ally, man. I'm already sick of seeing the titles of your threads, jimson.
    Really, seems a little like you are actually expressing a personal dislike based on something else.

    Honestly, if I could really put my finger on what I disliked about Cell, I would have explained it.

    I'll try again.

    It felt more like a quickly written short story than a novel. Little character development and the ending didn't really tie up the story very well in my opinion.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    833

    Default Re: Seemed incomplete

    Quote Originally Posted by jimson View Post
    It felt more like a quickly written short story than a novel.
    I couldn't agree more. I felt that this book would have made a great short story instead of a bit of a tedious book (no offense I beg thee! It is a personal opinion and if this was your favorite, good on ya! )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •