This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seemed incomplete

jimson Guest

Default Seemed incomplete

Didn't really do it for me. Seems like it could have gone somewhere but didn't.

Default Re: Seemed incomplete

It's been awhile since I've read the book, but it was my first SK book. I remember liking it well enough.

jimson Guest

Ah, my first was Christine. Cell wasn't bad, I just didn't get into the same way I have others. Took a long time off from pleasure reading then I got a Kindle. since then I'd rate what I've read

1. Bag of Bones
    2. 11-22-64
    3. Full Dark no stars
    4. UTD
    5. Desperation
    6. Black House
    7. The Gunslinger, this rating my grow if I read the others.
    8. Rose Madder
    9. Cell
    10. Blaze

Quote Originally Posted by jimson View Post
    Care to expand? If you're going to create a thread to specifically express your displeasure then I'd personally appreciate a little more to go on, in the hope of encouraging a productive discussion. Otherwise what's the point??

Quote Originally Posted by ~Ally~ View Post
    Care to expand? If you're going to create a thread to specifically express your displeasure then I'd personally appreciate a little more to go on, in the hope of encouraging a productive discussion. Otherwise what's the point??
    I'm with, Ally, man. I'm already sick of seeing the titles of your threads, jimson.

I actually felt the same as you, Jimson. (Wow. I agree with you on something? Wow.)

IMO, Cell felt like too much of a modern re-tread of *drum roll please* The Stand. I did not care about any of the characters. I was mildly intrigued if Clay would get home to his son, but the other characters just followed Clay without any (obvious) concern of THEIR families. It was weird. It seemed like King tried so hard to keep the pedal to the floor so much with this one that the character development suffered in the process. Under the Dome largely fixed that, IMO. Constant action and great character development - I really felt for Barbie, Big Jim and the rest. But not in Cell.

That ending just added insult to injury.

If any of you enjoyed Cell, I'm glad. I'd read SK before any other author, that's for sure! And they can't all be winners.

This was just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by AchtungBaby View Post
    I actually felt the same as you, Jimson. (Wow. I agree with you on something? Wow.)

IMO, Cell felt like too much of a modern re-tread of *drum roll please* The Stand. I did not care about any of the characters. I was mildly intrigued if Clay would get home to his son, but the other characters just followed Clay without any (obvious) concern of THEIR families. It was weird. It seemed like King tried so hard to keep the pedal to the floor so much with this one that the character development suffered in the process. Under the Dome largely fixed that, IMO. Constant action and great character development - I really felt for Barbie, Big Jim and the rest. But not in Cell.

That ending just added insult to injury.

If any of you enjoyed Cell, I'm glad. I'd read SK before any other author, that's for sure! And they can't all be winners.

This was just my opinion, of course.
    I just started reading Cell...... I'll let ya know

I enjoyed it, but then again I wasn't looking for a masterpiece when I picked up, just a good diversion.

jimson Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    I'm with, Ally, man. I'm already sick of seeing the titles of your threads, jimson.
    Really, seems a little like you are actually expressing a personal dislike based on something else.

Honestly, if I could really put my finger on what I disliked about Cell, I would have explained it.

I'll try again.

It felt more like a quickly written short story than a novel. Little character development and the ending didn't really tie up the story very well in my opinion.

It felt more like a quickly written short story than a novel.
    I couldn't agree more. I felt that this book would have made a great short story instead of a bit of a tedious book (no offense I beg thee! It is a personal opinion and if this was your favorite, good on ya! )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast