This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the SK world

Default New to the SK world

What would you all consider to be the books I must read first. I currently own DT1, The Stand, and Under The Dome. I'm reading DT1 right now and UTD's premise really intrigues me. And I got The Stand just because whenever you look at lists, they usually all put that as the best SK book. And it was really cheap at a used book store...haha. When I'm done with DT, should I read something else (obviously I'll continue the DT series) that isn't one of the other two I own? Anyway, I'm excited to start getting deep into the SK library. I haven't really read a whole lot since the Harry Potter series ended. I'm ready for some grown up books now...lol.

Default Re: New to the SK world

Hi Michael,

After finishing the DT series you might like to read The Stand as it is a tie-in to the DT. You can also check out the StephenKing.com Library here, it has loads of information and book descriptions to help you choose where you might like to travel to next.
    Hope you enjoy getting to know the SK site.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Welcome, Michael!

In addition to Flake's suggestions, you might want to check out the Bred Any Good Rooks thread.....you'll find all kinds of cool book recommendations there.

Welcome mike I would recomend the stand first however, under the dome for when you get his writing style better.

Hi and welcome. If you can continue the entire journey of the Dark Tower, that would be my suggestion. Otherwise, The Stand is an excellent choice.

Classic Stephen King is the best way to go for a first SK read. I'd stick with the unabridged edition of The Stand and then take it from there.

Welcome welcome welcome. You lucky lucky thing having all that unread brilliance in front of you. I'm jelous.

..."grown up books"?...can I see some ID?.....

Quote Originally Posted by mustangclaire View Post
    Welcome welcome welcome. You lucky lucky thing having all that unread brilliance in front of you. I'm jelous.
    I couldn't agree more.

Read the Stand.

The Stand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast