Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Impression

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Impression

Default Impression

At my favorite Mexican place, lady comes in, pretty, red-haired, with a little three, four year old, red-haired boy, sit down in booth behind me. I'm busy texting and SKMBing and eating, you know, what you do at the Mexican place. She has to take him to the john, as they pass me she's saying something critical to him, embarassing.

They emerge and she stops to chat with good-looking guy she must already know. She sends red to booth behind me and continues chatting. Now she's behind me, too, joking lovingly with red about something and he likes it.

I'm busy texting and SKMBing and the two reds are back up (I catch her eye, she smiles at me. She sees me smile back, but not when I smiled at little red), pay check, leave.

Her SUV is parked next to the window. I guess she's in a hurry. Loading red in the back seat child chair. He doesn't go in right--maybe he's a fighter. She slaps his leg. She gets him in the seat, buckled. She gets herself in her own driver's seat and they leave.

My impression was of a mother who could do without being one. I've never had to be a mother, which is certainly a good thing.

Default Re: Impression

My real mother should not have been a mother but, at least, she did not drown me in a bathtub or anything. She had the sense to give me away. My foster mother should have had children of her own but could not. She was the bestest kind of mom in the world.

I always THOUGHT I should never have kids... not maternal at all, never interested in other peoples kids, i think i visably cringed when being passed babies to hold. Then I had one, and he's the best thing that ever happened to me. He makes me laugh, is kind, funny, thoughtful, and I can't help wondering how I could help produce something so sweet. But still... other peoples kids bore the sh1te out of me, can't help it. But my favourite people to be around are my man and boy. Just don't ask me to babysit, cos the answer will be no. I know where my limitations lie.

I don't get it either. Not to get into it, but I would have been excellent. (nieces and nephews) I tried all the way normal and to the limit the dr's can. Rough going, and expensive.

Pisses me off this kind of thing.

There was one time when I was outside work smoking (when I still smoked) and a lady came out of one of the stores that were in the strip mall where I worked, had her hands full with a few shopping bags and was holding the hand of her young son while they made their way to their vehicle. She sat the bags down on the ground, reached into her purse for the keys and while she was alittle distracted the little boy turned and started quickly to walk away. She called to him and said he needed to get right back over to where she was. He did return. She got the door open, reached down and picked him up, placed him in the carseat, buckled it, and the whole time she very patiently explained to him why she didn't want him to wander off like that again. I walked over to her, excused myself and said to her "That was some very good parenting. You should be proud of yourself. Alot of parents would've just yelled at their kid. You did good." She stood there with a stunned look on her face for a couple of seconds, then broke into one of the biggest smiles I've seen on a person and said 'Thank you so much for that. I've had a pretty stressful day and I try not to take it out on him. Thank you.' I hope I made her feel like she was doing great. Today's parents have it pretty rough. I wouldn't want to be one now.

....most of us make this up as we go along and we make mistakes too....that was just one slice of life, and she would have to be judged-if you will-on a longer time continum....

Some fathers should never have been parents either.Mine been a prime example.Fortunately he died in a drunken car crash when I was 11.This may seem callous but trust me this guy really deserved it.When I look at my daughter I can't believe my dad could do the things he did to my mother and my sister

Quote Originally Posted by blunthead View Post
    At my favorite Mexican place, lady comes in, pretty, red-haired, with a little three, four year old, red-haired boy, sit down in booth behind me. I'm busy texting and SKMBing and eating, you know, what you do at the Mexican place. She has to take him to the john, as they pass me she's saying something critical to him, embarassing.

They emerge and she stops to chat with good-looking guy she must already know. She sends red to booth behind me and continues chatting. Now she's behind me, too, joking lovingly with red about something and he likes it.

I'm busy texting and SKMBing and the two reds are back up (I catch her eye, she smiles at me. She sees me smile back, but not when I smiled at little red), pay check, leave.

Her SUV is parked next to the window. I guess she's in a hurry. Loading red in the back seat child chair. He doesn't go in right--maybe he's a fighter. She slaps his leg. She gets him in the seat, buckled. She gets herself in her own driver's seat and they leave.

My impression was of a mother who could do without being one. I've never had to be a mother, which is certainly a good thing.
    While I wasn't there to see body language, etc. please remember what you saw could have been one episode of a frustrating day. Most people are good parents who want to raise their children right, but can occasionally loose the temper a bit. All I'm saying is you have to be in that womans shoes to judge.