Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Amazing true life story ............

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Amazing true life story ............

Default Amazing true life story ............

This happened here in Alberta. I do not believe in taking a life but this situation makes me wonder if, sometimes, it is the only thing to do. Every man's death diminishes me...........but not his.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...123/story.html

Default Re: Amazing true life story ............

...karma....

Quote Originally Posted by staropeace View Post
    This happened here in Alberta. I do not believe in taking a life but this situation makes me wonder if, sometimes, it is the only thing to do. Every man's death diminishes me...........but not his.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...123/story.html
    I believe there's death by different kinds of murder, including suicide, by accidents of all kinds, by acts of God or fate, by acts of war, by execution, and by acts of self-defense. I personally have no problem with someone killing - by definition not murdering - someone in self-defense. I believe in mercy, and I also believe in reasonable boundaries set by a merciful society. I categorize a person's death by an act of self-defense a kind of suicide, since behavior which demands it be stopped with lethal force is given many opportunities for repentance of which the victim finally refuses to take advantage.

What a well written article.

KA