This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your earliest clear memory ?

Question Your earliest clear memory ?

Mine is tasting a cheezie for the first time WOW! I remember thinking what is this wonderful thing?

Default Re: Your earliest clear memory ?

Mine is not one I like to share. I'll just say it was fear.

Being carried out of the hospital as a new born. It was March in the mountains of Tennessee, cold, and snow on the ground. I asked my mother about this memory before she passed, and she confirmed it was accurate, but wondered if it was a memory formed from something I over heard her recount.

It still seems vivid to me, as the cold air brought me to a state of awareness, being held in my mothers arms, and almost a sea ship rocking motion from the swaying and walking she was doing.

Leaving New Mexico to go to Kansas. I wasn't quite 2, so that was awfully young. It must have made an impression because it was such a big event. (Usually most people don't remember anything before they were 3 or so.)

The stork...picking me up and flying off the island...

Heh! Honestly...hard to say for sure...I recall bits and pieces of things...my mother, coming out of the basement, an exterior entry, a big rat in a big trap...
    she walked over to the gulley and flung it in...him she hurled, headlong
    or maybe it was the time I was hiding in my dog's doghouse...a hide and seek sort of thing...watching grown people walk past...me sneaking out (why yes, I am
    sneaky) behind them
    or a birthday...possibly, probably, my 3rd? getting this replica Winchester repeating rifle cap-gun...remember caps? Blast a whole roll by dropping a concrete block
    on them? I remember my cousin took it and I don't believe I saw it again. The gun.
    or...this hard plastic toy soldier guy thingy...parachute attached...me tossing it up into the tree...Ma leaning off the top porch step w/a clothes prop
    trying to snag him...caught up in the branches.

I remember my mom teaching me to write the letter "E" and instead of one bar in the middle, I drew as many as I could, so it looked more like a comb.

I was reading when I was three, so I must have been 2 and a half or 3 ish.

Must have been a baby or at most a year old,being bathed by mom and older sisters in the kitchen sink..loving voices and giggles, strong odors of soap,baby powder or oil,and warm breeze coming through the screen window next to the drainboard,carrying other odors redolent of summer..the lilac bush,grass,etc..

LongTallSally Guest

Mine was as a young infant, but it's so sick, I can't say it.

The moon landing

....after I'd given up the bottle....either then, or in my teens...you pick...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast