This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: Hello all!

Default Hello all!

I am a newbie here and I thought I would say hello!
    I have never posted in a forum like this so I am a little unsure what to say. It is great to find so many people who love King's work!
    I guess I'll just add two items:
    I am a 29 year old biology major currently living in Seattle Washington.
    Most importantly though is what I am currently reading: Wizard and Glass. I love it! I won't say much as I don't want to spoil it for those who have not read it but I am hooked. I have been a King fan since I was a child but put off the Dark Tower series until a few months ago. Glad I did to so I can enjoy it now!
    If anyone is currently reading this or has and wants to palavar, message me.
    Regards to all-

Default Re: Hello all!

Welcome, Paul... good to have you here. Wizard and Glass is one of my very favourites of the DT series... ahhh, I remember my first DT journey, enjoy!
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

Welcome, Paul. Have taken the journey many times- life altering indeed. W&G is special, especially when reading as published, was good to take up the journey again. Once you completed the book, please join in the discussions for W&G.

I can remember, the bad thing about being a student and being a King fan, is sometimes wanting to read King during the semester, instead of after the semester.

Thanks all! Yes that is certainly the hardest part. My studying for this weeks finals have taken a blow but I can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing so no regrets!
    After all, exams may be approaching in this world but in others

derricks are burning and mobs are gathering!

That was also a test to see if I got how to do the spoiler things right^
    Fare well!

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    I can remember, the bad thing about being a student and being a King fan, is sometimes wanting to read King during the semester, instead of after the semester.
    Heh, I gave a guy three books of a popular fantasy series back in the 80s. I've never seen somebody at once so overjoyed and crestfallen... it just happened to be Finals week.

Somehow or other, we both passed.

Quote Originally Posted by tenngolfer View Post
    Yes, the best thing about the end of every semester in college was that I could read whatever I wanted to read. I love Wizard and Glass too; it's my favorite DT book. I've always loved spaghetti Westerns as well as a good love story and this book delivers both in one perfect volume. Welcome and good luck on your finals!

....I tried to be a Biology Major at 29...all the ladies kept slappin' my face...