Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
Zombie Books

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zombie Books

Default Zombie Books

My very favorite sub genre. Here is my list of favorites. What have I missed that I have to check out?

Patient Zero - Jonathen Maberry (Love the entire Ledger Series, but this one is still the best)

Sawkill - Matt Fitzgerald (The Silver Tower is excellent too. These are on Kindle)

Cell - Stephen King (Hate the end, love the book)

Feed - Mira Grant (The audio book version is terrible, just read it.)

World War Z - Max Brooks (The Audiobook is great even though it's abridged. I still have to read the whole thing)

Default Re: Zombie Books

VooDoo KArma master- Edwin Hubert

gnat in the butter jar- isiah j. Maxwell

runner of deathbed studios- j Marshall

horney death auto tune- Dr. Kepler

I read one, I think they are called "Blood Enriched Classics". One I read is called The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn & Zombie Jim...wasn't blown away but I enjoyed the telling.
    There's others: I am Scrooge: A Zombie Story for Christmas, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and the Undead, The Undead World of Oz...and others.

...fer sure Skipp & Spector and Joe R. Lansdale....

Resurrection: A Zombie Epic by Tim Curran

It's a small press endeavor, and the writing's kind of mediocre, but it's pretty atmospheric and wide in it's scope. It also clocks in at nearly 1,000 pages.

You might want to check out 'Handling The Undead' by John Ajvide Lindquist. He's the author of 'Let The Right One In' better known as 'Let Me In'. It's a somewhat different spin on the zombie mythos.

If you're a big zombie fan but haven't read The Walking Dead, that should probably be very high on your list of potential acquisitions.

I, Zombie by Hugh Howey is an excellent story and a must-read for all zombie lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    Yup, The Rising, City of the Dead, Dead Sea, and Entombed by Mr. Brian Keene are worth reading. Keene also has a comic titled The Last Zombie. Haven't read it because comics aren't really my thing, but I'm kind of a completist so I'll get to it eventually.

I love zombies, but ironically I haven't read a ton of zombie lit. Seen a lot of movies, though. Seems like I've read more of the redneck cannibal genre than anything. If you wanted to know about that genre than I could certainly tell you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast