Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
My Thanks to Mr. King

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Thanks to Mr. King

Default My Thanks to Mr. King

My thanks to Mr. King for his book On Writing, as my first novel debuted in January and I wore the cover of his writing memoir during its creation. I highly recommend any writer, newbie or old hat, give it a read. My writing is better because of having done so.

Default Re: My Thanks to Mr. King

Many agree. I'd add that his stories were inspiration-enough for me to keep plugging away. Now if the world
    would only get in line and realize my genius...I wouldn't have to keep hiding manuscripts in the walls of houses
    I remodel.

...neat testimonial, little bit of good news to end my day on....

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Oobleck View Post
    Many agree. I'd add that his stories were inspiration-enough for me to keep plugging away. Now if the world
    would only get in line and realize my genius...I wouldn't have to keep hiding manuscripts in the walls of houses
    I remodel.
    Paper is good insulation.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAcree View Post
    My thanks to Mr. King for his book On Writing, as my first novel debuted in January and I wore the cover of his writing memoir during its creation. I highly recommend any writer, newbie or old hat, give it a read. My writing is better because of having done so.
    I read a little of your novel on Amazon Tony and I like what I read. Keep up the good work!

Congratulations, but please be aware that self-promotion is not allowed on this site including on your profile and will be deleted. If someone asks you privately for information, you are allowed to respond privately once you've reached a 5 post minimum.

Because if you can self promote, I am getting corporate sponsors on every post and selling insurance to everyone that will listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Because if you can self promote, I am getting corporate sponsors on every post and selling insurance to everyone that will listen.
    Whoa! You sell insurance? I wish I knew how to do that. I bet you never have to fight the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by carrie's younger brother View Post
    I read a little of your novel on Amazon Tony and I like what I read. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks for taking the time to give it a read. I'm working hard on the sequel and hope to have it finished and out by September.
    Last edited by FlakeNoir; March 22nd, 2013 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Removed publishing information

Thanks for the info. I will go and update my profile accordingly. I made sure not to mention the name of my novel in my post, but did so in my profile. I'll change it right now. The reason for the post is to truly thank Mr. King for his book. When asked by other writers where to start learning about the craft, I point them in that direction. Thanks again!.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast