Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 1
anyone want to carpool to the Mark Twain House and Museum event?

This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: anyone want to carpool to the Mark Twain House and Museum event?

Default anyone want to carpool to the Mark Twain House and Museum event?

Hi! Just thought I'd put out a open invite to anyone in the western mass/Springfield area, who may be interested in carpooling to the Mark Twain House and Museum event in July?

Feel free to reply or message me- I'd really like to go, but I can't confirm a ride for that day (I have no car myself).

Hopefully another fan from my area is on this site, and wouldn't mind going with another big time King fan?

Thanks!

Default Re: anyone want to carpool to the Mark Twain House and Museum event?

Quote Originally Posted by wakeupnow666 View Post
    Hi! Just thought I'd put out a open invite to anyone in the western mass/Springfield area, who may be interested in carpooling to the Mark Twain House and Museum event in July?

Feel free to reply or message me- I'd really like to go, but I can't confirm a ride for that day (I have no car myself).

Hopefully another fan from my area is on this site, and wouldn't mind going with another big time King fan?

Thanks!
    Hi there,

I'm just going to move this into a Forum that might get a little more foot-traffic--give you a better chance of someone putting their hand up.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

...putting their hand up where?....

Yes. Can you please pick me up in California?

Quote Originally Posted by GNTLGNT View Post
    ...putting their hand up where?....
    Er... maybe I should have said "raising their hand"?
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~

I am actually driving in from PA. I bought the VIP ticket. I am looking forward to meeting him - even if only for a few moments. Has anyone else signed up for the VIP ticket? I know it mentions a signed book. Since I've never heard him speak I am not sure what to expect. Do we purchase the book and he signs it? Can we pick what book? Does he allow photos?

Quote Originally Posted by thomkat View Post
    I am actually driving in from PA. I bought the VIP ticket. I am looking forward to meeting him - even if only for a few moments. Has anyone else signed up for the VIP ticket? I know it mentions a signed book. Since I've never heard him speak I am not sure what to expect. Do we purchase the book and he signs it? Can we pick what book? Does he allow photos?
    He will be pre-signing books--it is not a book signing per se, so you won't be able to pick the book. It's my understanding the purchase price for VIP tickets included a signed book. There will be photo opportunities during the reception but there are going to be a lot of people and a short amount of time so best not to expect an extended one-on-one opportunity.

LOL - that's OK. If I get a "Hi" (or even a nod) that will make my night. I'm just really excited about hearing him speak.

...NO!...I WILL NOT sign this for your pet mosquito...move on!....