This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark Tower Movie.. How dedicated are we??

Lightbulb Dark Tower Movie.. How dedicated are we??

So after hearing about the Veronica Mars fans and their dedication to seeing a movie, a light bulb went off. I have been waiting for the official announcement of a Dark Tower series movie since the first time I cracked open The Gunslinger. I am considered starting a Kickstarter project for our beloved Tower series. I would LOVE some feedback from you dedicated readers. If I have the support, I will set up the project tonight!

Default Re: Dark Tower Movie.. How dedicated are we??

O.O chance it's ever getting made.
    "One pixel can change everything."

I'm guessing that Imagine Entertainment is still in negotiations with their financing efforts. It had looked very promising a few months ago but I haven't heard any updates recently.

...it's out there in limbo with Ishtar 2...

I'd love to see a well-made DT movie. I would wonder if whoever decided to do it would see the story as CRs tend to, so I wonder what the casting and direction would be like, and how the story would be interpreted. It could be well-made but still no good.

Kikici, please don't think the following is directed at you. It is directed at the whole Kickstarter movement.

I would never pay a red cent for any movie to get made; that's not my job. I pay enough to go see them. The movie industry is Big Business and that is not my responsibility. I have my own job and my own debts to pay. I love the DT series and if it never gets made into a movie I will be happy to reread it over and over again and be quite satisfied with the images in my mind's eye.
    Last edited by carrie's younger brother; March 21st, 2013 at 09:04 AM.

I don't see what good a kickstarter project does if you don't own the rights to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by fushingfeef View Post
    I don't see what good a kickstarter project does if you don't own the rights to the story.
    Exactly. My understanding of the Veronica Mars Kickstarter project is that the producers of the film are the ones who were soliciting the funds as part of a deal with the distributors, i.e. that if they could raise X number of dollars, the studio would agree to distribute the film. It doesn't help to raise money to make the movie if you have no way to get it out to your audience and those who make the movies are not typically the same ones who do that.

I would pay to NOT have one made.

I am not a fan of movies from books and as this is one of my favorites ever..... well.

I haven't seen anything new on this subject, since October. There was supposed to be a trilogy/series in the making. But no production company would pick it up. Maybe if Peter Jackson was producing it, instead of Ron Howard. Dunno. I'd really love to see this pan out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast