This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts on the contradictions with the marvel comic adaptons

Default My thoughts on the contradictions with the marvel comic adaptons

Spoilers if you haven't finished the series

I've recently finished this book and started look around the net to see what people say about it. I've noticed that one that things that comes up is this book goes against what happens in comic. I've not read the comic, I can't stand the style of the art, that said the way I think of it is that the events of this book are a different loop then the comics. With each loop things get better, so perhaps in this loop Gilead managed to hold out longer. There is some logic to this as well as this book was written and released after the dark tower and at the end of that book he started out with the horn.

Default Re: My thoughts on the contradictions with the marvel comic adaptons

...the graphic novels are an extension of The DT series...not a re-working, a fleshing out of a number of the "what-if's" that King left dangling...they compliment the series well I believe...not that I swooned over everything, but that crew has done themselves proud...so before you besmirch the series, you should read it...even if you don't like the artwork....

What GNTLGNT said.
    The comic books fill in the gaps to the entire story.

I don't read comics, so it doesn't matter to me

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    I don't read comics, so it doesn't matter to me
    There are pictures you can look at it. We all know how fond you are of pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    There are pictures you can look at it. We all know how fond you are of pictures.
    But who will help me with the big words??

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    But who will help me with the big words??
    My friend Stuttering Steve will assist with that.

I have the first two marvel collections of Dark Tower series, still looking for the other series

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1974100 View Post
    I have the first two marvel collections of Dark Tower series, still looking for the other series
    ....easily found at on-line aution sites or your friendly neighborhood comics retailer.....

The comics are the comics, the books are the books. Big Steve Daddy write HEAP better than Pete David.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast