This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you love?

Default Do you love?

Now I have had this book for many many years. It was*given to me by a family friend. I've read it many many times and my particular favourites are The Mist, The Reach and Mrs. Dodds*Shortcut. I have a question that I hope you can answer. 'Do you love?' This phrase has been repeated so many times in almost all of the*stories. Not all of them of course. Its the main theme in the story Nona and I was wondering, why is it written in many of the other stories?*It has been on my mind for years. Whats the connection for there must be one. Im hoping you can help me out on this. Thank you.

Default Re: Do you love?

If I'm not mistaken, Mr. King edited some of the stories in Skeleton Crew to have the recurring motif of "Do you love?" running through the book. I believe that the question originated in The Reach, where Stella Flanders had to answer it.

Hopefully, someone will drop by shortly either to confirm or to set us straight.

...sounds good S & D...what say the rest of youse?....

But thats what I mean, why add it in. Just for funsies to entertain the mind if the reader or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by lowzybachcymraeg View Post
    But thats what I mean, why add it in. Just for funsies to entertain the mind if the reader or something else.
    I imagine it was to tie the different stories together with a slender overreaching arc. It underscored the general theme in the stories of love and the consequences of that love.

AAAAACK!!!!! here we go with the connections again......always the connections...... connect to this, connect to that.
    Pretty soon, GNT, Frank and I all are gonna be cousins! ......and that will make Yemen seem very awkward. LOL
    Last edited by Sundrop; March 21st, 2013 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepia and Dust View Post
    I imagine it was to tie the different stories together with a slender overreaching arc. It underscored the general theme in the stories of love and the consequences of that love.
    Well said. "Do you love" was the thread that was woven in each story.

I'm obviously completely blind because I missed that connection! The tips I'm picking up on here are growing every time I come on here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrop View Post
    AAAAACK!!!!! here we go with the connections again......always the connections...... connect to this, connect to that.
    Pretty soon, GNT, Frank and I all are gonna be cousins! ......and that will make Yemen seem very awkward. LOL
    I don't want Yemen to feel awkward to you, Sunny. Did I tell you the photos are in a safe?

It's so strange to hear many saying "Do you love?" appears in so much sK literature when I myself remember it only from The Raft.

...Yumpin' Yemeny!...Frank is my brother's sister and Sunny is my dad?......ack!...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast