This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Thread: It's OK! I Left a Note!

Default Re: It's OK! I Left a Note!

First of all, if people were supposedly so outraged about this why didn't they call the police? This story sparks immediate anger but when you think about it, how much credence can we place on the story? If they were so concerned that they took pictures, and called the media and tried to contact the mother (I don't recall the story saying if they found her or not), then why not the police? The whole thing just sounds like a hoax to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonC View Post
    First of all, if people were supposedly so outraged about this why didn't they call the police? This story sparks immediate anger but when you think about it, how much credence can we place on the story? If they were so concerned that they took pictures, and called the media and tried to contact the mother (I don't recall the story saying if they found her or not), then why not the police? The whole thing just sounds like a hoax to me.
    No, it looks like it did happen. Just another example of how well Kiwi's are NOT looking out for their babies. There's a link to the local article here. With a bit of luck one of the bystanders will come forward now that it's in the media.

What makes me most angry is that (although it looks like they had some rain on the day it happened) we've been experiencing a fairly long drought with hot days, so this wee baby would have been at risk of over-heating very quickly.
    People ought to have to sit a 'parent's licence' during pregnancy... simple common sense, really.
    ~ There'll be Chocolate, if God wills it. ~