This message board is only an archive. Click here to go to the current message board.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A strange but neat thing happened...............

Default A strange but neat thing happened...............

My sons teacher sent home the wrong report card. LOL Anyway so I called and she offered to drop it by the house. Mean while I discover he has two golden tickets. Honor roll,principals list. The teacher gets here we start talking ,I invite her in. Long story short she sees some of my king collection. We get more involved in conversation. we start walking through looking at my King things and she borrows The Dark Half. Anyway thought that was pretty cool. As anything like this happen to any of you?

Default Re: A strange but neat thing happened...............

Quote Originally Posted by king family fan View Post
    My sons teacher sent home the wrong report card. LOL Anyway so I called and she offered to drop it by the house. Mean while I discover he has two golden tickets. Honor roll,principals list. The teacher gets here we start talking ,I invite her in. Long story short she sees some of my king collection. We get more involved in conversation. we start walking through looking at my King things and she borrows The Dark Half. Anyway thought that was pretty cool. As anything like this happen to any of you?
    Nothing like that but every time someone new walks in we always get the question about if someone likes SK. Or the statement that someone likes SK. Because we weren't sure on our own and needed someone to point it out!

Yeah...when people see my King collection, they always have to comment...

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    Nothing like that but every time someone new walks in we always get the question about if someone likes SK. Or the statement that someone likes SK. Because we weren't sure on our own and needed someone to point it out!
    My mom had a yard sale a few weeks ago so I took some excess stuff over there. I took a bunch of books and one of the books was the SK book, The Regulators (because I had two copies for some reason). I was over at mom's house while this yard sale was going on and a mother with a little girl were looking through the stuff and this little girl (I'm guessing maybe 7 or 8 years old) was looking through my books and when she came to The Regulators, her eyes lit up and she pulled it out and had her mom buy it for her. She was so happy to get it. I kept wondering how a girl that young would know about The Regulators, let alone read it. I was amazed because she knew exactly what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by fljoe0 View Post
    My mom had a yard sale a few weeks ago so I took some excess stuff over there. I took a bunch of books and one of the books was the SK book, The Regulators (because I had two copies for some reason). I was over at mom's house while this yard sale was going on and a mother with a little girl were looking through the stuff and this little girl (I'm guessing maybe 7 or 8 years old) was looking through my books and when she came to The Regulators, her eyes lit up and she pulled it out and had her mom buy it for her. She was so happy to get it. I kept wondering how a girl that young would know about The Regulators, let alone read it. I was amazed because she knew exactly what it was.
    WoW they are starting younger and younger. My son is 8 and he knows Stephen king books because of mine but could not read one.

That's about the age I started reading Mr. King!

Cool story!

However, having two copies of any given SK book is me just getting warmed up...

120 miles S of the Waffle/Pancake line in pancake territory

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
    That's about the age I started reading Mr. King!
    What makes it even a little more surprising, is that The Regulators in a Richard Bachman book and there is no movie. So she really had to know what she wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by AchtungBaby View Post
    Cool story!

However, having two copies of any given SK book is me just getting warmed up...
    I have alot of doubles also incase something happens to one. Then some I have extras as I got better copies or 1st editions with time.

What makes it even a little more surprising, is that The Regulators in a Richard Bachman book and there is no movie. So she really had to know what she wanted.
    It's a very interesting parallel becuase that's the first SK book I bought on my own the second it came out. I was 16 and it had just come out and I LOVED it. I hope she loves it too!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast